A rhetorical question on GWBush

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 03:46 pm
As a atheist, I don't believe in heaven or hell, but where do you think GWBush belongs? Please explain why. Thx, c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,926 • Replies: 20
No top replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 10:50 pm
I've never been exactly sure what I believe in. But George does not belong with me, wherever I am.

I rather think limbo would be more like it, so he can forever dangle, being neither here nor there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 10:57 pm
I don't take the disparaging of a president lightly. This man is president for the wrong reasons and none of his policies strike me as for the good of the average man. One would expect a man elevated to his lofty position to be aware of his place in history and his duty to the nation he serves. One would expect him to grow into the job if he is a little diminutive - This one has no concept of service.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 11:11 pm
Mamajuana said it better than I could have.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 12:02 am
mama, That's the reason my vote went for "both." He belongs in that black hole. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:15 am
So she did, littlek.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 11:37 am
How about sending him to a place where pretzels and a drink are just out of reach.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 11:44 am
Jimmy Carter had an excellent piece in Sunday's NY Times, talking about the concept of a just war. Between the two of them, I take Carter's spirituality a lot more seriously than Bush's, because Carter doesn't yap about it at every opportunity, unlike our current president. Anyhow, Carter finds a lack of a rationale for calling the imminent attack a just war. Here's his op ed piece:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/opinion/09CART.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 12:21 pm
D'art, This administration has not shown evidence of any kind that Iraq is a threat to the US, but Bush keeps saying he has a responsibility to the American People. There's something missing from this picture, but I'm having a hard time trying to identify that "danger" - especially in light of Iran, North Korea, and Syria. c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 12:28 pm
What he's doing--and it's working to some extent if letters to the editor are any indication--is claiming there's evidence that Saddam is closely linked to the terrorists who attacked the World Trade Center. Once you accept that argument--not proven to many, many people's satisfaction--then everything else follows logically. "If he did this with a few planes, think of what he can do with weapons of mass destruction. I've made a pledge to protect the American people..." And so on, and so forth.

It's the Big Lie, IMHO...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:42 pm
I voted for Heaven because he belongs in a place forever separated from Mark Twain, Richard Feynman and me.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 12:14 am
GW Bush will never go to heaven or hell without Saddam Hussein. Dubya is so obsessed with the Iraqi leader that he has decided to spend an eternity with him.[/i]
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 12:49 am
Heaven or Hell or better yet...
Mapquest.com locates "Hell" to be a small community in Michigan, about 40 miles west of Detroit. I've read a couple articles about it and it seems to be a nice place.

I'd rather Bush went to a rotting hole in the ground, but that option was not listed.
Purgatory perhaps?
Maybe Charon (quick link here) could push him off the boat right into the River Styx.
Or he might just fall off the bridge and be burned (Native American story here).

So many possibilities! One can only hope.
And maybe contribute large sums to political action committees.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 12:06 pm
PatriiUgg, WELCOME to A2K. Purgatory, heh? Any different from hell? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 07:40 pm
Pergatory, as I understand it is miserable, supposedly because one is separated from God, but still not burning. Just waiting to make up for past failings. Seems entirely inhumane to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 07:43 pm
Did god create pergatory? c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 07:50 pm
God is very lazy and so he left it up to his underlings to manage. Thus, the place lacks any excitement or fun. I think I'll just take hell from the start because heaven sounds really boring as well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 08:44 pm
Yeah, who wants to walk on gold pavement when everything else is so boring. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 09:06 pm
right and what good is the gold if you can't buy anything and everyone is so agreeable, listening to harp music and smiling. Oh my God, save me from Heaven.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 09:11 pm
I don't think I'll have any problems with worrying about going to heaven. I'll meet some of my best friends at that other place. Wink c.i.
0 Replies