Too Poor For A Gym...

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:10 am
As I'm only 16 years old, and without a job, I can't afford to use a gym. So, are there any exercises I can do at home which will mimic the effects of using the machines at the gym? Obviusly, running will be the same as using a running machine, and rowing the same as a rowing machine, but is there anything else?

B
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:39 am
There are a lot of things that you can do without going to a gym.

http://www.weightlossforgood.co.uk/exercise_at_home.htm

If you go somewhere, don't park right next to where you are going. Look for reasons to walk. Is there a building with a lot of stairs? Walk or run up and down them. It is just as good as a stair machine. Do you have a bicycle? Ride it on the lowest gear, so that you have to really work to move it. Even without a gym, you can become very fit. Good luck!
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:45 am
Thanks alot!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:20 am
Have fun! The idea is to make your exercise time a part of your life. Give yourself a certain time during the day that you will devote to exercise, and try not to deviate.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:26 am
I am going to do that. It's not that I'm fat, it's just my body has no muscle on it. I'm too thin!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:34 am
Don't worry about that. I know it sucks to hear, but at your age, it's very hard to pack on muscle for a lot of guys your age.

I don't know if a gym would allow a 16 year old? They have age limitations. I was going to say, could you ask for a gym membership as a birthday present, or just get someone to give you the $$?
0 Replies