farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:28 pm
It is obvious that set has raised the bar. (sitting down with beverage and UTZ chips waiting for more silliness)

Holy **** (cash) is like "Jeezus H Christ on a crutch" ( a n expletive used by many of my generation in the 1970s) I did not deny the state of "turdness" but I use, as an expletive, the ridiculous juxtaposition of the state of turdness modified by a state of Sainthood. The "use" of linguistic tricks is totally unassociated to the belief system of the speaker.

"Darwin takin a dump", while Darwin mens more to me than does a mythical (many scholars say) son of a Galilean carpenter, I still feel compelled to use Darwin as a refernce in humor, anger, etc. Only problem is that, if I were to insult Darwin, Id not make my point among the religious yahoos. So , as agnostic, (I am hereafter forever gonna use sets terms that atheist and agnostic, having fully described the state of being, needs no article to enumerate ) , I repeat, as agnostic, I am free to doddle among the fields of language, to choose the proper term that best fills MY need, which , in many cases , is the need to annoy some religious yahoonym.

I THANK YOU
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:36 pm
Kinda like verbally pokin' 'em with a sharp, pointy stick, ain't it, Boss?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:37 pm
So if jesus heeded the call of nature, as he probably did,
would that not be "holy sh*t " ?

Assuming of course, for the sake of argument that he was the son o' god.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:41 pm
If you're curious what that might smell like, click here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:47 pm
So . . . like Hay-zeus comes cruising inta town with the whole crew, and there's this crowd there gettin' ready to stone this woman to death.

So Hey-zeus is like: "Du-u-u-ude . . . whoa, let they among ye who are without sin cast the first stone . . .

And so, like, this huge feckin' rock comes flying outta the back a the crowd, and smashes yer lady's head to pulp . . .

Hey-zeus spins around, and:

"Maw, knock it off ! ! ! "
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:47 pm
To all those who take this thread as a pulling back the foreskin of language, I am deeply honored to have travelled its path with you.

A "holy ****" gives additional meaning to
"what would Jesus doo ?"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:48 pm
Heathens! The whole bunch of ya, I say. A buncha heathens! And bringin' Brother Falwell into to the whole mess, to boot! Why, I'll make sure nunya get the Grandma Under the Mattress points now, no matter how many candles ya buy!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:54 pm
I just keep picturin' this little pile with a halo over it.

Laughing meself silly

apologies if I have lowered the bar...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:58 pm
So, like this young Jewish kid is sent inta a neighborhood to help out the old rabbi, and eventually to replace him. So the old boy tells the kid he's gotta have a proper black suit, and he knows just the man to see--Pinkus. So off they go to Pinkus' Tailor Shop, and, after some haggling, they walk out with a suit for the kid. But's he's not happy . . .

Look at this, this is used material, that black is fadin' to green . . . he pulled the threads out of a used suit, and retailored it . . . i was cheated ! ! !

Oh, now, i've known Pinkus for forty years, surely you're not saying he cheated us ? ! ? ! ? . . . Here, let me see that . . .

Two nuns are walkin' by, and the younger one says to the older one:

"Sister Josephina, those priests are rather odd looking aren't they."

"Why Sister Messalina, those aren't priests, they're rabbis, you can tell from the hats and the way they wear their hair."

"Oh no, Sister Josephina, i'm sure they're priests . . . why the older one was just speaking Latin to the younger man."

"What ? ! ? ! ?"

"Oh yes, as we passed, i distinctly heard him say: "Pincus fuctus.' "
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
I have actually tried to train myself out of saying 'oh my god'. I try to say 'oh lord' or 'crikey' or just 'oh my'. But, omigod is such a part of the present lexicon.....

Not to mention "oh god, oh GOD, OH GOD!"
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:13 pm
bzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:14 pm
Hm?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:23 pm
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:25 pm
Got a bee in your bonnet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:26 pm
Perhaps he just has a good buzz on . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:28 pm
Perhaps
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:29 pm
ne'mind
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:32 pm
Not to put too fine a point on it
Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:32 pm
uhhuh. That's what I thought.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:34 pm
Pdawg, just because I don't have a man handy, doesn't mean I keep a bee-in-the-bonnet in my dresser drawer.
0 Replies