Easter Is Coming, What Are You Doing About It?

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:02 am
@jgallevo,
There are many people who aren’t Christians or don’t celebrate Easter. I seriously doubt the accuracy of your statistics. Perhaps you can show your resources for this?

I will be celebrating Passover as did the mythical man in question. Many of my dry and neighbors do not celebrate anything at all.
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:06 am
@farmerman,
Then 1000 more atheists will be born. Apethetic agnostics don’t care and don’t know.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what if Jesus sees his shadow?

4 epochs or 40,000,000 years of Apocalypse.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:08 am
@Ragman,
Are you sure you won't have a bit of chocolate?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Are you sure you won't have a bit of chocolate?

Even as a devout Atheist, I too will consume copious amounts of lupine shaped chocolate. Oops... I meant lapine shaped chocolate.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:30 am
@izzythepush,
Eating some now, in fact. We’re in a San Juan airport now on our way home from vacation in P.R. and St. Thomas, USVI. There’s currently a 90-min delay due to planes whose departure was delayed by Midwest blizzard.
Bribing marvelous Maxine with chocolate 🍫.

Jesus apparently gave us good weather here but not letting us depart yet. The Lord giveth and taketh away.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:38 am

You don't have to be a believer to understand the true meaning of Easter.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 12:15 pm
@Ragman,
At least you've got good chocolate. Hanging around at airports can be a bloody pain. Goodspeed, (or should that be Gosdpeed?) and safe journey.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 12:19 pm
Here's a comedy sketch you won't have seen before.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 12:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What if Jesus sees his shadow?

That results in another 40 days of Lent.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you know who the actor is that plays Matthew???? He sounds a little like Tony Robinson from Black Adder.....but the clip is a little fuzzy and the image doesn't look all that much like him. It also reminds me of 'Life of Brian'.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 01:30 pm
Easter is the chocolate holiday, right? I will be eating chocolate and waiting for day after sale...

100 million views can't be wrong...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 01:48 pm
@glitterbag,
It's Richard Herring, he used to be in a double act with Stuart Lee, (Jesus). There is lots of his stuff on youtube but it's all over an hour long.

This is his wiki page intro.

Quote:
Richard Keith Herring (born 12 July 1967) is an English stand-up comedian and comedy writer whose early work includes the comedy double act Lee and Herring. He is described by The British Theatre Guide as "one of the leading hidden masters of modern British comedy".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Herring
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 01:54 pm
@glitterbag,
In order to redress the balance here's some religious programming.

0 Replies

jgallevo

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
To answer your question, no. The 4th of July is simply the commemoration of independence in the US. It does not have religious origins such as Easter which is filled with religious acts yet is not found in the Bible.
0 Replies

jgallevo

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 02:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
-source: incmedia.org/celebrating-easter/

Thank you for your reply. Enjoy your peeps.
0 Replies

jgallevo

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 02:56 pm
@George,
I don't want to tell them but I'd like for those to understand and learn about what exactly they are celebrating.

I'm doing what I can. Your input is vital and appreciated.
0 Replies

jgallevo

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 02:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Good to know.
0 Replies

jgallevo

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 03:00 pm
@chai2,
That's true, Christmas isn't in the Bible yet so many celebrate it and don't know or even care of its origins but those that do care ought to know.
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 03:43 pm
@jgallevo,
I undertand that the Baptists will be coming out with a new edition of th Bible in which all the Christian Holidays (including all Saints Day and Mardis Gras) will be mentioned.