Microsoft Money 2005 - "Your current security settings....."

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:35 pm
I'm posting this in case it helps anyone else. I purchased Microsoft Money 2005 (Microsoft Money Small Business 2005) and was unable to open the program. The error I got was: "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."

I also received some runtime errors and other crashes, Money just wouldn't open.

A quick search on the internet and in the included booklet/manual did not give me the answer so I hunted around and solved it.

I'm posting it here so that the next guy who searches for the answer to this has an easier time.

The reason for this error in my case was the security setting in Internet Explorer for the local zone. I had it on "High" for the "Local intranet" and this disables the functionality of Money 2005 due to its integration into IE.

Changing it to "Medium" and restarting my browser did the trick. Medium is already overkill for local zone security so don't fret this.

To change this setting go to (in Internet Explorer):

Tools > Internet Options > Security (tab) > Local intranet

Set it to "Medium" or below (Medium is the highest setting that allows operation of Money 2005) and then click "Apply".

You may have to restart IE (close all IE windows and reopen IE) for this setting to take effect.

Hope this helps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,345 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 04:31 am
Thanks for the tip.

I have Money 2005 as well (I've been using Money since 1999)and it seems to run really slowly.

Joe(sitting on a fence, trying to make a dollar out of fifty-six cents)Nation
0 Replies