Can think of the name of this movie.....

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:00 am
The whole country (maybe even the whole world) is collecting these cards or tickets with letters that come in candy bars. The winner is the person who collects all the letters to spell out some word or phrase.

apparently, there was only 1 ticket that has the missing letter.

The main character is a young boy.

It's all kind surreal. Evil villains (like there's any other kind - Oh, he was a just sort of bad villain), courageous boy driving a car across country, getting to the top floor of the candy company's corp office (symbolic of power I suppose)

Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 905 • Replies: 8
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:39 am
"Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" with Gene Wilder

based on the Roald Dahl book. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

It looks like Tim Burton will be doing a new version of it called by the book name out in July 2005 and starring Johnny Depp
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:56 am
no, no, no - it's nothing like that at all.

People I've asked always say willie wonka first - but there's no silly costumes or pedophile candy freaks
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
Do you remember who was in it or anything else? Any name actors? Was it American or foreign?
When do you think it was made?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:44 pm
No - that's what's so hard.

No big names
It is American
Probably made in the 90's
The winner of the game was promised some super fantastic prize-I'm not sure the exact prize was ever mentioned.
The candy corporation didn't think anyone would really win, so they hadn't prepared for a payout.
People were so crazy over this game they would quit their jobs, lie, steal and worse to get a certain letter
Really Dark Humor.
It gave the sense it was in some future time, even though the cars were from the time it was made. It was like the world was failing, and this was one thing people were still excited about.
It also gave the feeling of a knight on a quest sort of thing.
Actually - I'm almost certain he's not in it, but it's the kind of film you would expect Dennis Hopper would be in, like when he's some really crazy f**k
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:24 pm
Its MOTORAMA (1991)It starred Flea from the Red Hot chilli Peppers,Meatloaf, Drew Barrymore,
Garrett Morris,Michael J Pollard and Mary Woronov among others.I can't remember the kid's name who played the lead. It's about a kid who steals a mustang and runs away from home to play Motorama, a game put on by chain of gas stations. I've got it on DVD
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:40 am
YES!!!!!

That's it!

As soon as I saw the name, it all came back to me.

Thanks thiefoflight. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Isn't it stange, but you're so compelled to keep watching?
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:31 pm
I am a great fan of weird films and Motorama is in my top ten. I really liked the way they invented new states and even created their own currency.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:39 pm
Damn.

I learn something new every day.

This.... is the something for March 22, 2019.

Joe(sure sounded like willie to me)Nation
0 Replies