Forum not working for guests

tomovuk

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:08 am
Hi everyone...

My forum has been struggling since I tried to optimize it. I was experimenting too much I guess with no luck. I spent hours and days on your forum and phpbbhacks trying to optimize it for google. No problem for other search engines just google was trouble.

I went phpbb.com and there I found some documentation and that didn't help me either. And again I spent and read so many topics from this forums that I memorized them.

My problem is that when I installed latest phpBB 2.0.14 my guest were not able to view forum topics. I tried phpbbhacks suggested fix:

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_allowhtml = 1 WHERE user_id = -1

I tried to update old files and no luck.

Please if someone has some free time to explain me how to fix this or how to fix the whole phpbb so it is optimized for google and please don't send me to other topics because I think I read them all :Smile))

Just joking try me out I might be wrong...

Also I deleted all .htaccess files because I got so freeked out...

Buaaahaaaa what should I do?

link: vutra.org/forum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 660 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
You need to reverse the static URL changes you made or get the mod_rewrite module functioning correctly.

The reversal of static URL generation is likely in your /includes/page_header.php and /includes/page_tail.php
0 Replies