i tried PHPBB2 today..but avatar gallery doesn't work

grinder

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 10:46 pm
i uploaded my own created avatar to dirrectory under /phpbb2/imagea/avatars/gallery..
but it deosn't show in member profile page..
how do i have to set it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,011 • Replies: 4
No top replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 11:31 pm
Hi grinder, welcome to A2k.

Since you've just joined, you may not know that just today we have switched to a new web host. With our old web host, we could not upload our own images from our computers for use as avatars here on A2k. I think that policy has changed however, because I was just on my profile page and was able to use an image that is on my machine as my avatar.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "PHPBB2," but it should be easy to use the image you have on your computer as your avatar, assuming it is not too large. There are size limits, and maybe your image was too large to use. It has to be 6k or less, and no more than 90 pixels wide or 100 pixels high.

All you need to do is go to the bottom of your profile page to "Upload avatar from your machine" and click on the "Browse" button. Find the image on your computer that you want to use as an avatar and click on it. That should be all you need to do, other than to click on Submit at the bottom of the Profile page when you are done with your profile. After you have done that, you should see the image under your name in this topic, or you can go back to your profile page and scroll to the bottom and see if it is there.

There are plenty of people here to help, just post a response to this if you still can't get it to work.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 01:27 am
phpbb2 is the forum software that this forum uses. Many developers and webmasters visit this site because I have released modifications to that software and this site is the demo for many of those mods.

I believe this question isn't about this forum but rather a request for help regarding the forum software so I'll move this topic to web design. If I am mistaken please say so.

------

grinder,

Did you upload the photo through the profile page? Or did you simply FTP or upload it to that directory?

Please note that uploaded avatars do not go in the images/avatars/gallery/ directory.

Uploading an image there will result in the avatar being added to the galleries for any of your members to choose from.

Avatars need to be uploaded through the profile.php page for them to be displayed with your name.

Those avatars will go to the images/avatars/ directory.
0 Replies

sj26

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 04:50 am
Make sure you have enabled avatars in general and have enabled avatar galleries. This can be done in the board config (general config) in phpBB2 administration. Make sure you have it in a single-level directory (like images/avatars/gallery/mygallery/myimage.jpg) and it should should up in gallery 'mygallery'.
0 Replies

scoobox

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 03:24 pm
gallery avatars
I too have uploaded avatars to the gallery on my Scout BB. I have check the comments prev posted here and the config is fine & gallery is allowed etc. Does the index.htm need to be updated in order to show the images? If not can someone suggest anything else to try.
cheers
0 Replies