Hi

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:18 am
I am very sorry that I didnt say a damn thing and just seemed to drop off the face of the "internet" Laughing
It wasnt until I got Mac11's phone message yesterday that I realized I have not been online to let anyone know I am ok. And given the losses people have experienced here, that was quite inconsiderate of me.

My grandmother died and I really turned into myself and become a hermit over the last few weeks. Her death was pretty sudden given that she was relatively healthy. She was diagnoed with pneumonia on a monday, and dead by wednesday afternoon . Both of her lungs were full and there was nothing the doctors could do. She was 85. She had a blockage in her intestines that was found a few months ago that had been giving her problems but with some diet changes she was supposed to be ok and able to live with that. She was just begining to get on her feet and adjust to the new diet before she begun throwing up ALOT ... and I believe she got asperation pneumonia. That is where you inhale liquids, possibly foods, and it infects the lungs. She had a really bad time throwing up the day before she went to the hospital so I am convinced that is what happened.
We buried her friday and have all been living in a tense nut shell since then.
My mother in law has been drunk all the time and Mr Wolf and I have confronted her and were responded to with some wickedness I have never seen in this woman. I am afraid for our living situation. I am going to have to take on a full time and possibly a part time job in the next 2-3 weeks so we can rush our moving out. Alot has crashed on my plate lately and has made it hard to see an end. Death is a dramatic , painful thing, top it off with a grieving woman who is so angry she can see anything but red and it makes things that much harder.
So I apologize for not even saying hi for the last 3 weeks . I have just been lost and under water for a while with no real direction.
But thank you for your call Mac. It was very nice to hear from someone . And it reminded me that there are other people out there who think about me and that life does go on inspite of my selfish " hermit" life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,973 • Replies: 92
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:20 am
Oh thank God! Welcome back shewolf. I'm very sorry about your grandmother but I'm very happy to see this message of yours.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:22 am
shewolfnm - Honey, am so sorry for what you have been going through. People really care about you here, and many were worried.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:23 am
Good heavens - thanks, shewolf, for your response.

And my sincere condolences.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Welcome back, shewolf.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

And, having finished reading your post, just want to let you know that we're here for venting (which you of course know) and anything else you might need. I'm sorry your world has turned upside down, but lets hope that in the end this becomes a really positive change.

Sorry again about your grandmother and your living situation. I hope you find a fun and rewarding job and a really nice place to live.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:25 am
I'll let FreeDuck do the talking. I agree with everything she's been saying.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:25 am
Shewolfnm- Even if you ARE a hermit, there are many people who care a lot about you!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48903
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:31 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Shewolfnm- Even if you ARE a hermit, there are many people who care a lot about you!

Shocked

yeah, my not responding was very inconsiderate.
Geezee... im sorry.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:34 am
We've been worried sick, I am so glad to hear you and Mr. Wolf and the Bean are all OK. Very, very sorry to hear of your grandmother and the painful time you've been having. Getting angry after death is natural, you know. Maybe things will calm down. I hope so.

But... your poor little grandma... gone. Condolences on your loss.

As it happens, it wasn't until Gus made a dire pronouncement that you showed up again. When you read it, you'll realize how funny it was. I hope that will cheer you up.

Hugs from the Upper Left Hand Corner
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:35 am
Hey, don't be sorry. You did what you needed to do. My point is, that you have many "ears" and "shoulders" who would be happy to help you through this trying time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:36 am
Oh dear, Shewolf. This is a difficult time, indeed, for you.

Thank you for finding the time to drop in and let people know you are (relatively speaking) ok.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:37 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Shocked

Geezee... im sorry.

No no, it wasn't. You were busy dealing with real life. We missed you, but that's not for you to feel guilty about. Nothing to apologize for. I'm glad Gus scared you back Laughing.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:37 am
shewolf,

we are glad you are back. no need for you to apologize. we were also concerned about maintaining your privacy.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:38 am
Your not being selfish.Its completely understandable.
Sorry to hear about your Gran.I miss mine loads.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:46 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Shocked

Geezee... im sorry.

Don't feel bad....we are just glad you are ok and back with us. We were just worried. Not angry. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:02 am
Oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to see you back. No apologies necessary.

I have exactly the same tendencies -- if I'm going through a hard time I tend to withdraw rather than reach out -- so I understand. But I've learned from experience that reaching out can really, really help.

((((((shewolf))))))
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:08 am
Yes, big hugs to you, shewolf. I'm so sorry about you grandma and that the living situation has been so hard.

Thanks for letting us know!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:09 am
Oh and a big huge gigantic thank-you to mac for her efforts.

((((((mac))))))
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:12 am
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, shewolf. I hope everything works out for you in the end... which I know it will.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hi
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 01:31:29