Advice

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:13 am
Hey, Norway. That was humourous, my friend. Nope, I just meant that little things can give me a new perspective each day and that tends to make me vulnerable, understand? So I have learned to be cautious.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:29 pm
Shucks!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:02 pm
A smile for JL's artistry amid his gentle tapestry.

Oops. Since I just got through writing a poem, it simply sprang from me, unsung-- and I advise Letty to stop now. Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:39 am
I think I understand Letty. My clay is not dry yet either, and if I can help it it will never be...
0 Replies

climbingaway

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:04 pm
To be able to really give someone advice, people need to understand what exactly giving advice is. I have often come across many people who think giving advice is just a way to express how they personally feel towards a subject. Thier opinions could not and from what i have found are not at all relavent for giving advice. The first part of being able to give someone advice is to be an active listener, a skill that is not easy to conquer. This way you are truly listening to what this person is saying to you and you are absording what they are saying to you without judgement and having your own personal beliefs conflict with what you are being told.
Simply stating how you would act in the situation does absoutly nothing for that person except now they have another useless solution to think about.
Personal judgement is key as well to giving advice, If you believe that what you are about to say is significant and could possiably be helpful in some way then do. Do not just saying something becuase you are not sure what to say. It is just better to say that you can not give them an answer. It is a complicated situation, and it really depends to what situation you are being placed in that advice is needed, more often then not they do not need advice more than having someone there to listen.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:10 pm
climbingaway, Welcome to A2K. Yes, my friend, just listening with sincerity, but then it works both ways. No one can remain mute for ever in any relationship.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
Don't take advice from witches....Banquo had to learn the hard way
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:18 pm
and you are the ghost of, discreet? Oh, yes, security is mortal's chiefest enemy.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:31 pm
Lol im retarded tonight....My joke woulda been good

I meant to say don't take advice from the witches in the book MacBeth
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:40 pm
er, discreet, I think it's called drama, but no matter. Not many of us totally understand Shakespeare, including the bard himself.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:26 am
letty; i 'advise' you to speak for yourself!!

[oops]
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:32 am
an important 'component' of 'advice' is 'context'; one should always make very clear that your advice is meant to add to the evidential data from which a decision can emerge, not to overide all the other input.

[advice is 'opinion', dressed for dinner]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:45 am
Well, there he is. Hello Bo, whadda ya know.

Speaking of speaking for myself. I just remembered The Courtship of Miles Standish.
0 Replies