Need to Talk About My DUI's

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:18 am
Hello, I hope someone might know what my stance is here.

I guess what matters most here is the fact that I live in Kentucky, which is where this all takes place. There is a lot of federal mandate for DUI laws now, so I'm thinking my case will be pretty common.

This is not easy to talk about but there have been big changes in my life and I am not sorry or shameful anymore. 2002 was a bad year, I recieved a DUI (1st) in march. The penalty was cash fines and a ten session counseling course (one course per week). I might be a bit of an old fashioned guy, the whole idea of counseling just turns my stomach, really. There were bad experiences as a child, too, that play into this. But I did finish the requirements and got my liscense back.

Then I got another DUI in November the same year. This one was bad, besides very stiff fines, the counseling course was 52 weeks. I did fuffill all the fines, and 13 days jail time - but I never could face that counseling. I believe only a dozen sessions were completed, it was the worst thing I had ever had to go through. Not a good example.

The Point is, it strikes me now that it is 2005, and there may be statutes of limitations running out. When the statute on what's considered a persons "1st" resets, will I be able to get my liscense back?

Many many thanks for your time,

Rob
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 718 • Replies: 1
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:25 am
Hi harmonic. I'm not a lawyer, but I found this link by googling. http://transportation.ky.gov/drlic/DUI_laws.htm

It looks like 5 years is the reset time. Is it possible that you could get your license re-instated by completing the counseling?
0 Replies