Could I be pregnant? Took my pill a few hours late during the first week.

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:57 am
In the middle of the first week of my combo birth control I took it maybe 5 hours late, and later that night I had unprotected sex. It’s 2am here, and at 5pm I’ll be on Wednesday of the week 4 pills and no “period” yet. I’d like to note that I usually get it on Tuesday mornings. Am I just over thinking or should I be worried?

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 03:47 am
@Mckxylx1,
You're probably overthinking this.

Stress can make a period late. And pregnancy stress is no exception (thanks a heap, body).

You're probably fine.

If you still don't have your period 2 weeks after it's expected, buy a home pregnancy test and follow its instructions to the letter. But in the meantime, try to put it out of your mind if you can, as there will be nothing you can do until then anyway.
Mckxylx1

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:04 pm
@jespah,
I got my “period” this morning!!
Should I still take a pregnancy test in two weeks or should I be okay?
jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:24 pm
@Mckxylx1,
Nah, you should be fine.

Note: I am not a doctor. But if you're getting your period, then you're over 99% for certain not pregnant (yeah, there's always someone who got her periods, went nine months, gained 20 pounds, had a backache and then suddenly, oops, she's a mom -- those people are VERY few and far between).
0 Replies