Somethings Gotta Give

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:35 am
Great movie, terrific work by a mature Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson but I have to make the observation that in all movies and tv productions or series, no matter how many problems, no matter how screwy their lives are, they always have money, live in nice places, go out to eat, go on vacation.

Just goes to show that money may not be able to buy happiness but it certainly makes your misery a lot more comfortable and convenient. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 879 • Replies: 4
No top replies

msnikki71

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
I totally agree, as if we all have that much money to swovle in. The average canadian citizen lives just under the poverty line. Sure we have a couple nice things, but we always have it stuck in the back of our minds that were in debted to someone somewhere, and it will take alot or a little lucky to deal with it. Movies And Television just dont come off as realistic anymore.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:16 pm
I love this movie - it's one of my all time favorites. It's just an intelligent romantic comedy that sheds light on mature romances....great stuff. plus, diane keaton and nicholson play off each other tremendously.

My favorite part is with the black and white rocks.

I like Amanda Peet in the movie as well...she did a good job holding her own next to Jack. I'm going to check her new movie out A Lot Like Love this weekend. Seeing her in the lead role will be nice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:18 pm
My favorite part in in the hospital when he wanders out into the hallway with his dressing gown wide open in the back...he he he....funny stuff.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:11 pm
I thouht Diane's much heralded nude scene, was tasteful, and funny.

Dancingnancy,
I think Amanda going to be BIG. She's one of rhe best comedic actresses around. Did you see her in "The Whole Nine (Ten) Yards" going toe to toe with Bruce Willis, and Matthew Perry? .....Awesome
0 Replies