Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 05:06 pm
Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&feature=youtu.be
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,825 • Replies: 36

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 05:47 pm
Is that the same as taking slaves, killing the first born, condemning gays, flooding the whole planet?
BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do not forget the killing of all of a people but for the young women that had yet to know a man including infants in their mothers arms.

Never never leave the family bible laying around where a young bookworm child can picked it up and read it.

Quote:
Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is that the same as taking slaves, killing the first born, condemning gays, flooding the whole planet?

No. I am talking of the real message that the scriptures write of and not the fiction parts.

I agree that if reading literally, the bible shows what we Gnostic Christians call a vile genocidal son murdering demiurge of a God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Do not forget the killing of all of a people but for the young women that had yet to know a man including infants in their mothers arms.

Never never leave the family bible laying around where a young bookworm child can picked it up and read it.

Quote:
Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine

We have no argument my friend.

You talked of the past idiocy. I tend to talk of the lower level inquisitions and Jihads that discriminate against gays and women with their vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Present harms are more important than past harms.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 07:41 am
What you believe in Jesus is the same thing that believing a part of the bible , Jesus is mentioned in bible.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 07:52 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Yes, I agree. And the mystics of all religions are the same, have the same message. How could they not?
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 11:23 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

What you believe in Jesus is the same thing that believing a part of the bible , Jesus is mentioned in bible.

Yes, but if you only see one Jesus in scriptures, you have not read it right.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 11:25 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Yes, I agree. And the mystics of all religions are the same, have the same message. How could they not?

Indeed. Most mystics and gurus thank about the same way. Intelligently and morally as compared to those who follow some supernatural god.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:42 pm
@Greatest I am,
I always thought of one jesus .sure we have the same bible ?
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 07:36 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I always thought of one jesus .sure we have the same bible ?

Sure, but we do not read it the same way. Many see some Gnostic Christian influence in it..

Has your church ever dared to quote you these obviously Eastern mystic quote from Jesus?

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

You likely know the Jesus that the church quotes to try to enslave you to it while the Jesus I quote wants to free you from that.

Regards
DL
Jewels Vern

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2019 12:04 pm
@Greatest I am,
The bible does not teach any such thing. You, like most people, have taken in various concepts presented by random preachers who may or may not have been speaking from the bible. For example, almost everybody assumes that the trinity is the basis of Christianity, while ALL repeat ALL scholars acknowledge that it is not found in the bible. Well, if it is not in the bible then it must be from another source; there are only three sources, God, Satan, and man's own heart.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.
BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 06:08 am
@Jewels Vern,
LOL so the concept of the father,son and holy ghost is not found in the bible????

Quote:
Matthew 28:19
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

Nonsense indeed.
maxdog

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 08:52 am
@Greatest I am,
Could be . But we know both that what we hear or read about what they say those persons in the bible could be not the truth .we only decide what we want to believe .
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:08 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

The bible does not teach any such thing. You, like most people, have taken in various concepts presented by random preachers who may or may not have been speaking from the bible. For example, almost everybody assumes that the trinity is the basis of Christianity, while ALL repeat ALL scholars acknowledge that it is not found in the bible. Well, if it is not in the bible then it must be from another source; there are only three sources, God, Satan, and man's own heart.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.

If you understand your bible so poorly after all your reading, I don't think I will read the book of myths the way you recommend.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 05:13 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Could be . But we know both that what we hear or read about what they say those persons in the bible could be not the truth .we only decide what we want to believe .

Exactly how you are supposed to do.

That was one of the reasons the old Christians sent their inquisitions to end Gnostic Christianity. We did not read as they did and where they saw a good genocidal and infantasidal god, we saw and evil god.

The bible is supposed to teach us morals. What do you see; a good god or an evil one?

Regards
DL
maxdog

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:40 am
@Greatest I am,
I always see good in case for humans . But the animals suffered in those stories . In many occasions
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 12:32 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I always see good in case for humans . But the animals suffered in those stories . In many occasions

Are you saying you feel sorry for the animals, as in Noah's mythical flood, but that the genocide was good to use on or good for the people?

Regards
DL
maxdog

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 01:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
I mean what jesus does was all good . But at his same religion the animals suffered .like sacrifices for example .
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 01:27 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I mean what jesus does was all good . But at his same religion the animals suffered .like sacrifices for example .

I would not say that all that Jesus did was good. I see too many flaws in his morals for that. Two examples are his no divorce policy for women and his substitutionary punishment policy. Both of those are quite immoral. Right?

As to the sacrifice of animals. The Jews used 3 animals. A bull and two goats. They cooked and ate the bull and one goat while ceremonially putting the sins of the tribe into the other goat that is released to the wild. This was all done to renew or refresh the relationship of those in the tribe. All forgave all.

To my way of thinking, if that 2nd goat had not been sacrificed, he would have been eaten. The sacrifice was really a gift as that goat live free instead of being food.

Do these facts and view change your mind on the way they practiced animal sacrifice?

Regards
DL