0

Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 05:06 pm

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&feature=youtu.be

3  
Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 05:47 pm
Is that the same as taking slaves, killing the first born, condemning gays, flooding the whole planet?
BillRM

1  
Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do not forget the killing of all of a people but for the young women that had yet to know a man including infants in their mothers arms.

Never never leave the family bible laying around where a young bookworm child can picked it up and read it.

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

No. I am talking of the real message that the scriptures write of and not the fiction parts.

I agree that if reading literally, the bible shows what we Gnostic Christians call a vile genocidal son murdering demiurge of a God.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Thomas Paine

We have no argument my friend.

You talked of the past idiocy. I tend to talk of the lower level inquisitions and Jihads that discriminate against gays and women with their vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Present harms are more important than past harms.

Regards
DL