Coueyconfesses he buried her alive.

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:52 am
Officials: Couey confessed to investigators

Quote:
Saturday, April 9, 2005 Posted: 5:06 AM EDT (0906 GMT)

(CNN) -- A convicted sex offender facing capital murder charges in the killing of a 9-year-old Florida girl told investigators he buried her alive, law enforcement sources told CNN Friday night.

John Evander Couey, 46, who officials said confessed to the crimes, is charged with capital murder, burglary with battery, kidnapping and sexual battery on a child younger than 12.

Couey has a 30-year criminal history, and his case prompted more debate over the rights of sexual predators.

Jessica Marie Lunsford was discovered missing from her Homosassa home on February 24 by her father.

Her body was found almost a month later -- buried within sight of her own home -- behind the house where Couey was staying with his half-sister.

The Citrus County Sheriff's Office had no comment on the information released Friday night.

Investigators say Couey took her from her bedroom on February 23.

A preliminary medical examiner's report last month said Jessica died from asphyxiation after being sexually assaulted.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/09/lunsford/index.html

IMO the only fitting punishment for this inhuman garbage is that he to be buried alive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 961 • Replies: 12
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:02 am
Re: Coueyconfesses he buried her alive.
au1929 wrote:
IMO the only fitting punishment for this inhuman garbage is that he to be buried alive.

I agree!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:03 am
I've never been a fan of the death penalty, but in this case I think you are right.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:05 am
Now now this is Florida...we have to err on the side of life for this guy in the interest of being fair and balanced.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:12 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Now now this is Florida...we have to err on the side of life for this guy in the interest of being fair and balanced.

Not unless you are okay with putting words in peoples' mouths. Very, very few of the people who want to err on the side of life for the innocent and disadvantaged, also want to be kind to murderers, especially not murderers of children, and especially not with aggravated circumstances.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:16 am
He was not fair and balanced when he took her life...she most likely died a frightening and painful death.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:17 am
pssst, i think bvt was being sarcastic...

that said, i don't support death penalty for any reason.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:19 am
In defense of Blue - He is being sarcastic.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:19 am
dag gets it. she's not from florida
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:22 am
Now, and here I thought he was engaging in the time honored practice of mocking opponent by misrepresenting their positions.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:23 am
bvt, I'm glad you were being sarcastic...I guess I got carried away and didn't immediately see it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:26 am
Thank you Colorbook, and Green Witch. I wish I had time to wait for Brandons apology, which I'm sure will be along any second, but I have to go out. Thanks in advance Brandon, you are a gentleman as alway. And no offense taken. Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:29 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Thank you Colorbook, and Green Witch. I wish I had time to wait for Brandons apology, which I'm sure will be along any second, but I have to go out. Thanks in advance Brandon, you are a gentleman as alway. And no offense taken. Very Happy

Darn. Okay, I accept. But please don't let it happen again.
0 Replies