The no lerve, no-flirting, no sexual innuendo thread.

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:31 pm
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to be used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Some, of course, have just come round for a spot of tea and a bit of a chat and maybe some spanking a little later if all goes well. Really, it all depends on the way coffee grounds spill across the kitchen floor, as this is how our fates are truly directed. And woe unto her who has mold in her old grounds, for she shall inherit no mirth.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:05 pm
Hmmm - fortunately I throw out my grounds on a regular basis - but it is fresh coffee grounds I normally end up spilling...does this impact my fate? I seem to have a lot of mirth - but I do worry that it is just manic defence...

In fact, have we HAD proper fates since we stopped with the tea leaves and spinning and all that, except for true tea-lovers and hippies?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:12 pm
Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like. - Lemony Snicket
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:12 pm
Some of us, I believe, have had fates that are most IMproper. Be that as it may, I am not sure that the grounds are to blame. Tea leaves, after all, merely tell us what our fate will be. Coffee grounds govern our fate. I am not suggesting that even the most practiced observer can READ our futures in the grounds. A 12-year-old Greek girl tried to do just such a reading for me, and neither the riches nor the boils that she prophesied ever came to fruition. A mixed blessing, that, for, while I relish any dermatological condition that might be offputting enough to give me time for ample introspection, I've heard that riches only bring misery.

But returning to the original topic -- I quite prefer Irish breakfast tea to either English breakfast or to Earl Grey, but I will take a strong cup of black coffee over Irish breakfast tea, unless the latter be strongly spiked with Irish waters and not tainted with either water or steeped tea leaves.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:16 pm
Restaurants, Instant Messenger fates....hmmmmm....that's a lot to take in for a poor Bunny on one cup of coffee at the beginning of a mean Tuesday's work...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:19 pm
A cruel Tuesday, or an average Tuesday?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
Dunno yet - the wheel's still in spin.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:36 pm
Quote:
Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like. - Lemony Snicket

Sounds good to me. I'm rather tired of familiar, popular restaurants willed with even waitresses who bring me things I have indeed asked for and which, nonetheless, I do not always like. Variety is the Baco-bits of life, is it not?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:41 pm
Not for the pig....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:06 pm
No meta in baco-bits, I think. Just soy and MSG.

Witty as a Rye Krisp am I.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:25 pm
I think you've been on a roll, PDog.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:32 pm
Dog on a roll?

I'd rather have perch on a kaiser.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:02 pm
No meta in baco bits?

Is not transcendence, at least incipiently, always with us?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:18 pm
baco bits- soybean crap (toasted soybean crap)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:25 pm
are they? I have never purchased or eaten a baco bit. I await enlightenment.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
baco-bits (bacon-flavored bits made of soy) listed as approved for all vegetarian diets
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:35 pm
My goodness. I suppose they are tethered to plastic line and hung in a smoker for 72 hours? Well. That would be baco chunkos. Then they'd be sliced and diced and packaged to your floor at the door.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:39 pm
That sentence did not need to be doubled.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:46 pm
Speaking of gourmand/lerve I was once invited to homemade dinner by a work associate, she made "wilted lettuce salad" by filling a tupperware bowl with iceberg lettuce, heating a cookie sheet full of baco bits and then sprinkling the baco bits over the lettuce, this was served with saltine crackers on which squares of Velveeta cheese was place followed by the entree of borsht out of a bottle with a dallop of sour cream. I don't remeber her name.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:26 pm
That's good then, dys, or she'd be the Chatelaine of Baco Bitterend.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:38:02