Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler

husker

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:05 pm
I think their comedy is alot alike; what do you think? And besides I get them mixed up all the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 920 • Replies: 10
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:06 pm
Well, they both suck, if that's what you mean by them being alike...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:07 pm
really - I like the stupid comedy they do.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:12 pm
I actually don't hate Adam Sandler like I used to. I liked Punch Drunk Love and I actually sort of liked 50 First Dates...but that's mostly because I think Drew Barrymore is the supercutie of Hollywood right now.

I think she and Adam Sandler are the new Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.

Adam Sandler at least has something that is somewhat amusing about him usually, and he's likeable.

As for Ben Stiller, he's just not that funny to me. I don't get the Ben stiller thing at all.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:30 pm
don't like either of them much. i liked meet the parents, hated the zoolander, liked wedding singer... but i do get them confused all the time too. not my cup of tea.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:55 am
I loved Stiller in Dodgeball, a truly funny picture. I also thought Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer was touching and vulnerable . . . and I detest romantic comedies, which are usually neither. But, Sandler was paired with Drew Barrymore, who manages to have real chemistry with her male co-stars, in Wedding Singer, which was a plus.

Although I did not see Sandler's movie about the Mexican (South American?) nanny, the previews showed him capable of warmth. He might grow as an actor and stop being the idol of silly high school boys.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:58 am
Sandlers Wedding Singer was great, an absolute classic and i was surprised how much I liked 50 first dates.

Ben Stiller is sooo sexy.Didnt like Meet the parents, hated Zoolander and Starsky and Hutch but he is very funny and Watchable.

I love it when he works with Owen Wilson and Keep the Faith with Ed Norton is one of my favourite films.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:59 am
Stiller is clever. Sandler is just goofy. I prefer Stiller. He conveys helpless embarassment so well I get embarassed just watching him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:59 am
I like 'em both. Probably Adam Sandler a little better. Ben Stiller is a little more willing to go to the dark side, which I respect but kinda gives me the creeps.

Adam Sandler had me won for life when I saw him do the Hannukah song on SNL.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:10 am
Stiller actually has comedic talent in timing and physical comedy, Sandler has but 2 tricks ('roid rage and muttering whimp) and when he's feeling really clever he'll do a movie where he'll go back and forth between the two.

IMO, both do "stupid" comedy but Sandler doesn't bring any talent to the table and hasn't done a single thing I found funny (and I'm easy to please with comedy).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:20 am
I like Ben Stiller!

Flirting with Disaster, The Royal Tannenbaums, There's Something About Mary -- those were all really good.

I liked Keeping The Faith too, material girl.

I thought Zoolander was hilarious.
0 Replies