Going Back To College, Please Help

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 05:44 am
Throughout my years in school I was always a shy kid. I rarely talked to people and I barely had any friends. However in sophomore year of high school I became friends with someone who encouraged me to talk more. Because of him I was able to communicate more with people and create friendships at school. Even though I was able to communicate with people at high school, I still didn't have a social life outside of school. I only met my friends at school and texted them outside of school. Also I still didn't have the courage to talk to my crush.

Last semester was my first semester in community college, it is still closer to home than my high school is and my friend who encouraged goes there to. We didn't have any classes together last semester and this semester we have one class. It was tough for me to meet any new people because most of the people I met had already established friendships with other people. My Dad always told me that college is like a fresh start because mostly everybody doesn't know who you are.

So here's my question, how do I meet new people and establish friendships with them in order to create a social life? Also if there's a cute girl that I like what do I do to engage in conversation with her, what do I talk to her about, and how do I eventually go and ask her out?

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:42 am
@Randomguy354,
Your father is right. It's a clean slate. You get to jettison your baggage and be whoever you want to be.

As for this girl, talk to her! In fact, talk to EVERYONE. You're a nice, friendly guy. That's immensely attractive.
bunnyhabit

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 09:33 am
Show unusual traits and interests
Not compliment her body only but personality more
You are calm and comfortable with her
Remember her say before you
Well dressed appearance when with her
Organized and understanding her needs
Be unpredictable
No rough or tough but tender
Be intelligent and humorous
No lazy with many goals in life
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 10:20 am
@jespah,
To add on to what Jespah says - you have something in common and a conversation starter already - the same class(es) you are in.

Ask her a question about the class....did you understand what the teacher said about xyz? I really liked today's lecture ===

Hey do you have the next period off -do you want to hang with me and get a coffee? We could review the next assignment together....

This could work with anyone not just someone your attracted to in a way to make friends
0 Replies