Does everyone have "untapped" potential?

booman2

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:09 pm
My first thought upon seeing this question was of course, since we only use ten-percent of our brain, as a race we all have untapped potential.

On a personal leval I always had a gift for writing, but I onnly used it minamaly. I've gotten a lot of satisfaction in life conquering things, I had no gift for. (yea,yea, I'm a bit backwards)

Cyracuz.....Your "gift" of listening struck a nerve with me. I suppose I have that gift too. Not only do I absorb knowledge, but there is a strange extra with mine. People can always come to me and get things off their chest, when they need an ear. I can't turn them down even if wanted to. Now here's the real kicker; somehow perfect strangers seem to know, I'm that person that has to listen. Shocked People come up and reveal the most personal things to me, as if God has given me this assignment, and puts a sign on my forehead visible to anyone needing that ear, or shoulder to cry on. Do you also have this gift/curse?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 04:18 am
Yes, I do, but it's not a gift or a curse. It is merely what happens if you listen to people instead of just waiting for your turn to speak. There is a difference between a two way monologue and a conversation. Most people, particularly strangers since they have anonymity, will empty their consiousness at the first chance they get if they get the feeling that you are listening.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:42 pm
What you're saying rings true. I call it a gift because, if I can be of service, I'm basically allright with it. I call it a curse, those times when I'd rather be taking care of me problems, but my conscience won't let me turn them away. I get over it though.
0 Replies