The International Civil Aviation Organization

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 03:58 pm
EDIT: (Moderator): Moved from Travel and Culture to Reference

Hello Everyone;

I'm looking for info on the The International Civil Aviation Organization, how it was founded, what are the aims, major achievements, under what article in the UN was it founded? ..etc

I KNOW I can find this (most of it) in google, but im looking for SPECIFIC website if you guys know about any, because I dont want to get lost in search results, and if any of you knows anything about this organization perhaps you can give me a hand. Plus, thru my search I couldnt find under which article of the UN was this organization founded, so I hope you guys can guide me through that.

I want to do a 3 page presentation for my teacher about this, so does anyone of you have ideas on how should this presentation be organized, formed, outlined, in order to be brief and clear and not to get the listeners lost?

Thank you big time
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,068 • Replies: 3
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 05:30 pm
A few points:

1) Dont post the same thread three times, its very inconsiderate. Someone goes to all of the trouble of answering your question only to find out someone else has already done so in one of your other threads. Dont do it, its rude.

2) Dont ask people to do your homework, you will learn nothing.

Now when I read this topic I knew nothing about the ICAO, however i went straight to their page and found the answers to all of your questions within 2 minutes! So instead of wasting your time posting this topic 3 times, why not go read the official site! (www.icao.org to save you googling it)

And heres a little hint to help you on your way, the ICAO was not created by the UN, it was founded at the "chicago convention" in 1944 by all US states, it was then 3 years later it became part of the UN.

Now go read the official site, all your answers are there!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:23 pm
And if you nedd some additional sources/readings: google just for ICAO and you'll get lots of websites (the IATA has some nice, short info).
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:45 am
Let me make it clear..
nighthawk wrote:

1) Dont post the same thread three times, its very inconsiderate. Someone goes to all of the trouble of answering your question only to find out someone else has already done so in one of your other threads. Dont do it, its rude.

2) Dont ask people to do your homework, you will learn nothing.

nighthawk, let me clarify some points:

1) The reason why I posted another thread in another CATEGORY, is simply because I recieved NO replies on the thread I posted in the OTHER category. So in case the thread I posted would've been in the wrong or irrelavant category, I tried posting it again in another, more-relevant, category.

I didn't do it for repetition, I did it in search for answers.

2) I did not ask for someone to do my homework. I asked for GUIDANCE in my homework. (I asked for "ideas" for "outlining" my content).

3) I know I can find all the answers from google, and I wasn't looking for answers. I was looking for those who might ALREADY KNOW about the organization and might have some experience/inside info/remarks/hints to share with me. Facts and answers can be easily found in an encyclopedia or a website. However, I was looking for EXCLUSIVE kind of info which would only be available from PEOPLE and not texts.

Just wanted to make things clear Smile

VJ
0 Replies