Information on filing a lawsuit...

RobertD

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 08:44 pm
Hello everyone, I was here a while back with PayPal problems, and Debra_Law helped extensively.

Since then, PayPal has contacted the Attorney General of Nebraska back with a response to my initial inquiry about the conversion of my funds (by PayPal). In their response (I have the official document from PayPal), they have changed the reason for my account closure and the conversion of my funds for 180 days. They state that the items I sell were high risk (without stating to the Attorney General what I was selling). I was selling desktop computer systems, which are NOT listed as a high risk item in PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy (another lie from PayPal, what's not new?) I contacted the Attorney General about the issue, and have yet to receive a response, though I specifically stated that I am trying to persue the situation via other legal means.

Anyway, I am having trouble finding a lawyer... I have no idea where to even start. What's the best method of contact, should I send them a regular mail (AKA "snail mail"), or should I use electronic mail? My funds are still in the hands of PayPal, so technically the statute of limitations hasn't set in yet, as the "wrong doing" is still in process. I am seeking compensation for damages to my business as well as punitive damages, as PayPal has breached their previous injunctive agreement (meaning this isn't the only time they have been sued for causing un-just actions).

And, I did get in contact with one lawyer, and I mentioned that PayPal had been previously sued for a very similar action in a class action suit, which I was not a part of (my event occured outside of the class date requirement), this is what he said:

Quote:
PayPal just lost a similar class action lawsuit, why should one by you have any validity?

What does this mean? I replied to that lawyer, but he never responded, so I took it as he wasn't interested. I don't have the right to sue because they were already sued? Does that mean I should just let PayPal continue their actions, simply because they settled a previous lawsuit?

Thanks a ton!
Robert Dewey
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 646 • Replies: 1
No top replies

RobertD

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:16 pm
Okay, I'm gonna bump this up with another question...

I reside in the State of MI, the company I would like to file a lawsuit against is in the State of CA, and they are under CA law. Should I be looking at attorneys in MI or CA? I would obviously assume CA, but one never knows...
0 Replies