Some Folks, Like Chris Cuomo, Don't Get This

maxdancona

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 11:17 am
I will be honest. I don't get it.

1. Obama is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants. He chose to shake Trump's hand. I think that is commendable... it shows Obama's character. Obama has always acted with grace and class.

2. People judged by their race and reactions are based by our stereotypes. This is unfortunate but true.

Is there something more to this thread? Cause I don't get it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 11:57 am
@snood,
I'm glad you are back Snood.
maporsche

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 12:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

And I'll remember that on vote day.

And do what exactly?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 12:17 pm
@maporsche,
Thank you😊
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 05:39 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
The Office of the Presidency REQUIRES respect...

Respect is gradually earned, there is no requirement to respect anybody. The current captor of the presidency, has not earned respect.

Quote:
The rank alone justifies the respect.

No, it does not.

As Bob Dylan commented on his song It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding , 'But even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked.'

President is a pereon, same as other people, ain't no different.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:30 pm
@najmelliw,
najmelliw wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I advise the rest of the world to let liberal and black racists stew in their own bile and to not pay any attention to their false accusations of racism.
So either:
a) There is no such thing as a conservative racist: the very idea is even preposterous!
b) Conservative racists are making valid points, and the world should pay attention to them and heed their call. Don't let them stew in their own bile!
c) Conservative racists, contrary to their vile liberal and black opposites, really deserve our help and effort in order to reach the higher, better plane of moral existence where all conservatives CLEARLY belong.

Which is it then?
I do not agree with your logic. My advice does not lead to any of those conclusions.

However...

a) Most conservatives who are accused of racism are not racists. Anyone who disagrees with the left's extremist ideals gets falsely accused of racism.

b) Anyone can make a valid point, racists included. I remember a recent case in the news where a college was being terrorized by leftists, and no one was doing anything to rein them in. When the white supremacists got wind of it, they bombarded the place with death threats and forced the authorities to finally take control of the place. I certainly don't agree with white supremacy, but in this case they did the nation a great service by forcing the authorities to crack down on rampaging liberals.

I do not agree that racist views are valid points, if that's what you meant.

c) Everyone always deserves an opportunity to become a better person.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:13:06