Sexual Tensions

Satyr

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 07:30 am
Only a male intellect clouded by the sexual drive could call the stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped,
More fittingly than the fair sex, women could be called the unaesthetic sex.
Neither for music, nor poetry, nor the plastic arts do they possess any real feeling or receptivity; if they affect to do so, it is merely mimicry in service of their effort to please.
This comes from the fact that they are incapable of taking a purely objective interest in anything whatever, and the reason for this is, I think, as follows.
Man strives in everything for a direct domination over things, either by comprehending or by subduing them. But woman is everywhere and always relegated to a merely indirect domination which is achieved by means of man, who is consequently the only thing she has to dominate directly. - Arthur Schopenhauer
Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another. - [size=7]H. L. Mencken[/size]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,464 • Replies: 65
No top replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 08:06 am
Good morning Satyr and welcome to a2k. What a remarkable post to embark on a discussion. As soon as I started reading an observation flashed immediately into my head. The famous observation is the weaker sex is the stronger sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex. The expression has been around long enough to be regarded as history. I agree to the majority of statements so you'll have no confrontation with me. The post is not framed as a blatant question so I'll not endeavor to supply an answer. Be assured however I found it refreshing reading.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 08:14 am
Wow!
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 09:24 am
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 11:13 am
Demond Morris was right. Women let men bonk them to have kids and then promise sex to the bonker if he sticks around to bring the kid up.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:07 pm
Quote:
"Demond Morris was right. Women let men bonk them to have kids and then promise sex to the bonker if he sticks around to bring the kid up."
-- goodfielder

This is an extremely tight, real world and concise summation of the male/female condition. Many, including myself, might want to further elaborate using more positive and hopeful language but goodfielder's is more general and therefore probably more comprehensive over a wider range of empirical male/female relationships, that is it cuts thru the crap.

JM
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:15 pm
Deja Vu moment thing goin' on here. Unless I'm mistaken, the commentary at the top of topic this originated back in early Ocober of last year, HERE, and more or less was revised essentially to the form presented on this A2K topicHERE.

Gotta ask - is the author of this topic the author of the original, or is this A2K iteration a cut-and-paste job?
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:46 pm
Uh Oh!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 01:21 pm
No biggie - I was just curious. One my major faults. Thanks for the clarification. Welcome to A2K, and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Just a heads-up though - you may find that while generally civil, in the critical sense - forensics, logical development, academic integregrity stuff and all like that, this can be a pretty tough crowd to please, and a real tough crowd to buffalo. You may be amazed by the resources, depth-of-knowledge, and breadth-of-interest of some of the members here.
0 Replies

Satyr

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 01:56 pm
Good then I'll be tested.

But I think you might have gotten a wrong impression by my performances in the other Forum.
I tend to adjust myself to the environment.

And you are?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 02:48 pm
I are? I are timber. Nobdy special in particular; just an old hand hereabouts, more or less. If ya wanna, you can click on the member name of anyone's posts to see that member's postin' history, and some folks have filled out Profiles (available through the "Profile" buttom atthe footer of everyone's posts) Some are illuminative or otherwise descriptive of the member, others not so. And if it would be of any aid or interest to ya, the color-formatted words down in my signature box are links to the A2K FAQ, the A2K HelpForum, and the A2K Terms of Service, respectively. Some potentially valuable reference material of local application may be found thereby. Enjoy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:03 pm
Interesting to see where timber spends his time when he's not here.
<nods>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:08 pm
Re: Sexual Tensions
Satyr wrote:

A woman holds a much lower opinion of her self, than any man can, because she knows the subject intimately, and so any form of desire, directed towards her, is taken as either hypocritical or overstated, making the males indulging in this type of behavior silly frauds or weaklings for having ever placed her on fictitious pedestals, she herself, feels undeserving of.

Her conclusion can only be that any male worshiping her, in such ways, is either a hypocrite or an inferior.

In time, if the attentions and behaviors persist, a woman may begin to believe her own worth, as it is displayed in the desire of men, and she will demand a higher fee for her affections.

<snip>

Her physical fragility and procreative importance makes it essential that all physical straightforward confrontations are to be avoided and her control and dominance within a group should be enforced and expressed through more subversive means and through alliances.

It is therefore natural for most women to be attracted by grand ideologies and spiritual dogmas.

Passive-aggressive and psychologically manipulative methods become popular where more direct methods are prohibited or carry a high price.
This is why in modern environments males also are inclined to become more feminine in their exhibitions and actions, making men players in games they are not naturally adept in.

<snip>

There is always a fee for her affections, making casual anonymous sex an aberration of our time, where only females that feel no self-love and possess little self-respect can indulge in it.

Fascinating view of the world.
I'd suspect it makes life a bit difficult at times.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:14 pm
I'm all over the web, ehBeth - includin' some pretty out-of-the-way places.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:26 pm
Many of us are, Timber.

Some of us leave footprints, some of us don't. Some of us do, sometimes.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 12:16 am
I'm curious regarding precisely what point Satyr was attempting to make. The post established that women possess a variety of ways to exert power over men. An interesting point and one which I happen to agree with, however the question is begged, where to from here?

Women have powers that they can use to influence men, likewise men have powers that they can use to influence women.

For sake of reference I'll mention a few of the tools with which men can influence women.

Desire to procreate. Women, even more so than men, feel a biological urge to procreate. Since this requires sex with a man it can result in women desperately seeking out procreative partners.

Sexual attraction. I pity the poor fool who believes that women aren't sexually attracted to men. Women successfully pretend sometimes that they are not, but women will make as much fools of themselves over a pair of toned pectorals as men will over well developed mammary glands. They are just better at keeping that a secret.

Romantic attraction. Women don't want to be alone any more than men do. The idea of someone being around and caring about them is appealing.

Faster thought. The same studies which demonstrate improved female multi-tasking abilitiy show that men can perform a single mental task much faster than a woman could. However should that become two mental tasks simultaneously the woman would be capable of doing it much faster. I regard these studies with a fair ammount of skepticism but still, they usually show some form of balance in their results.

So we each have tools we can use against the opposite gender. So what?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:53 am
Satyr:-

That's an odd avatar for a Catholic theologian.And an odd user name too.

I read Schoppy years ago and it made me laugh.It still does now you've reminded me.Shouldn't the first sentence be a little longer?

Anyway-at long last-some real philosophy.Something for us to get out teeth into goodstyle.

One presumes you would like to see women cleared off the forum and out of politics and I would be the last to argue with that.One of Schoppy's most telling points is the one about how the broad mass of women are abused by a small minority of women who usually owe their exalted positions to nepotism or outrageousness in a media
desperate for sensation.(Sometimes in notorious cases like Sabina Poppea or Madame de Pompadour to the pathetic weakness of men and what those two did for the mass of women hardly bears thinking about.)

I don't know whether you can receive British television but on Thursdays at 9pm we have a brilliant comedy series called Footballers Wive$ (sic).I think it is right up your cul-de-sac.I couldn't imagine,from what I have read on here,that it would ever be shown on US television where women seem to be taking over.
I think the focus of your frontal assault might bear more fruit if you shifted to an attack on media generally which is the powerbase of what I presume you deem the opposition.Whilst I am presuming I dare say you might be celibate as that is the only state where consideration of these matters can even approach objectivity.Anyone in thrall to the cunning charms of the female sex has no chance of ever making the slightest sense on these crucial matters.It is a scientific question in the main and it relates to our capacity to continue our Faustian culture into a long term future which,as things stand,looks increasingly unlikely.
Could you envisage the possibility that at some point it might become necessary to engage in an organised repression of uppity females as has happened before in the interests of cultural survival.
I will consider your super post in my study and get back to you.Meanwhile just ignore some of the stuff you are going to get.Most of it is coming from henpecked husbands and general,all round buyers of what is,in truth,a cheap commodity.Any females who come on are pushing their own boat out and haven't the slightest interest in the plight of ordinary women,which is dire in the extreme,and who are the salt of the earth.

Best wishes.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 05:20 am

Have you considered the ministrations of Diana,Fergie and Andrew Parker-Bowles's wife on our poor dear Queen and the institution She represents.
0 Replies

Satyr

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 06:50 am
spendius
Quote:
That's an odd avatar for a Catholic theologian.And an odd user name too.
I'm neither a Catholic nor a Theologian, but thanks for the double insult. Laughing

Quote:
I read Schoppy years ago and it made me laugh.It still does now you've reminded me.Shouldn't the first sentence be a little longer?
I've never even heard of Schoppy.

Longer first sentence? Why?

Quote:
Anyone in thrall to the cunning charms of the female sex has no chance of ever making the slightest sense on these crucial matters.
You mean to say that a hormone inebriated mind is not able to even consider these possibilities. :wink:

Quote:
Could you envisage the possibility that at some point it might become necessary to engage in an organised repression of uppity females as has happened before in the interests of cultural survival.
Quote:
I will consider your super post in my study and get back to you.Meanwhile just ignore some of the stuff you are going to get.Most of it is coming from henpecked husbands and general,all round buyers of what is,in truth,a cheap commodity.Any females who come on are pushing their own boat out and haven't the slightest interest in the plight of ordinary women,which is dire in the extreme,and who are the salt of the earth.
I'm expecting no more or less than what I got in another Forum when I posted the same.

watchmakers guidedog
Quote:
So we each have tools we can use against the opposite gender. So what?
ehBeth
Quote:
Fascinating view of the world.
I'd suspect it makes life a bit difficult at times.
The difficulty or ease of a perspective is related to how one reacts to it or uses it.
Information can either lead to despair or empowerment.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 07:22 am

What a pity.My hopes are dashed.You are but an average threader who might just be suffering from abandonment rage.

I didn't say that a "hormone inebriated mind" couldn't consider these matter.I said it couldn't make any sense out of them.You can see plenty of evidence of that in any pub where young men so happily stick their tender necks into the first noose to be dangled.

Schopenhauer,if you insist,had the vixens well taped and I got the impression you had but,sadly,it would seem you are a tender little lamb being led to the altar of sacrifice by a short,stubby halter.You really didn't mean it.Some of the mutton I know will be mowing the lawn and decorating the little nest this weekend in a similar manner that the ridiculous male bird of paradise does when the urge hits him like a ton of bricks.And he being so handsome and all and her a right plain drab.It is as if we never evolved.
What a turn around.
0 Replies