Milk & Meals

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:21 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if drinking chocolate milk would be the same as drinking white milk... because a lot of the answers on this site say DRINK MILK! But to be honest I despise milk... I love chocolate milk though, so if I could drink chocolate milk instead of white that would be awesome??

Also... when you say eat 5 small meals instead of 3 what exactly do these meals include and what time in the day should I be eating them? I'm almost 15, 5"5' 1/2 and I weigh about 150 (Competative Basketball Player...so very into physical activity).... Could you give me a few examples of "small meals" that would be healthy and easy to take to school??

Thanks! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
Chocolate milk has all the calcium of white milk.

Are you trying to lose weight or maintain weight or find a good diet for playing sports?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 06:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Chocolate milk has all the calcium of white milk.

And lotsa sugar... :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
Chocolate milk (the prepared kind from the store, not the kind you mix up yourself), is much easier to digest.

It is often recommended for people who have lactose sensitivities (vs. true lactose intolerance).

If you'll drink it, instead of plain milk, do it. You need the calcium. Well, we all do - particularly the women in the crowd.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:01 pm
Superjuly is dead on. If you're prone to hypoglycemia, 8 oz of skim is the quickest restorative. If you have diabetes, Mr. Milk is not your friend.
0 Replies

KissyFace22

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
Im trying to just become more healthy...for sports and to loose some weight...any suggestions for a good "athletic diet"....Im athletic.. like I run every night and have basketball practice 2 times a week but its not like im training for the olympics!

-Katie
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 09:07 pm
Check out calories in various sorts of milk:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/nut_search_new.pl
0 Replies