daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:57 am
Bullies usually pick on those that are 'more' right than themselves. Picking on someone 'lesser' than yourself is bullying.

Matthew 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. "

What are some of those 'words' that these citizens might not hear or receive?

1. Is it a rightful thing for a man to have long hair, regardless if he is in the Church or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,433 • Replies: 77
No top replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm
@daverod,
Tell me, does this man have short or long hair?

https://static.trinityroad.com/prod/1000/2066392.jpg

Matthew 24:15

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

Deuteronomy 27:15 " Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen. "

Proverbs 12:22 "Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight. "

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

Is it a shame for a man to have long hair? Truth speaking according to The Holy Bible, please.

desolation: 2050. erémósis
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
desolation.
From eremoo; despoliation -- desolation.

2049. erémoó
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
make desolate, come to nothing.
From eremos; to lay waste (literally or figuratively) -- (bring to, make) desolate(-ion), come to nought.

see GREEK eremos

spoliation of evidence:

Spoliation of evidence refers to intentional or negligent withholding, hiding, alteration or destruction of evidence relevant to a legal proceeding. ... the act is criminal by statute, and may result in fines and incarceration for the parties who engaged in the spoliation;

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/spoliation-of-evidence/

'the 'lies/false truths, etc'.. which bring(s) the Truth to nought/desolation/etc..'.
daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:33 pm
@daverod,
de·spo·li·a·tion

noun
the action of despoiling or the condition of being despoiled; plunder.
"the despoliation of the resources of the natural world"

Verb
lordare

(transitive) to dirty, soil
(transitive) to besmirch

Lordi, Lordi, Lordi. When will you ever stop with that nonsense?

lordi: you dirty.

lordo: I dirty
lordi: you dirty
lorda: he/she/it dirties
lordiamo: we dirty
lordate: you all dirty
lordano: they dirty

https://cooljugator.com/it/lordare

Verb
lordare

(transitive) to dirty, soil
(transitive) to besmirch
Ponderer

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:42 pm
@daverod,
It was a freezing-cold morning, and snow swirled and piled in drifts around the farmhouse. A farmer looked out his frost-covered window, and saw a flock of birds huddled by the barn. He thought "I'll go open the barn door so they can get inside out of the snow." He put on his hat, coat, and boots, and went outside. But as he got close to the barn, the birds flew away. He went back inside, and when he looked out, the birds were back by the barn. Again the farmer went out to try to let them in the door. And again, the birds flew away, because they were afraid of him and didn't realize he was only trying to help them.
Back inside the farmhouse, the farmer thought
" If I could just make myself in the form of a bird, then I could go among them, and tell them that I am only trying to save them. "
daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:42 pm
@daverod,
In the wake of inconsistencies of judgment, necromancers and other practitioners of the magic arts were able to utilize spells featuring holy names with impunity, as any biblical references in such rituals could be construed as prayers rather than spells. As a consequence, the necromancy that appears in the Munich Manual is an evolution of these theoretical understandings. It has been suggested that the authors of the Manual knowingly designed the book to be in discord with ecclesiastical law. The main recipe employed throughout the Manual used the same religious language and names of power alongside demonic names. An understanding of the names of God derived from apocryphal texts and the Hebrew Torah required that the author of such rites have at least a casual familiarity with these sources.

inconsistencies of judgement

Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəmænsi/)[1][2] is a practice of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[3][4]

The word "necromancy" is adapted from Late Latin necromantia, itself borrowed from post-Classical Greek νεκρομαντεία (nekromanteía), a compound of Ancient Greek νεκρός (nekrós), "dead body", and μαντεία (manteía), "divination by means of"; this compound form was first used by Origen of Alexandria in the 3rd century AD.[5] The Classical Greek term was ἡ νέκυια (nekyia), from the episode of the Odyssey in which Odysseus visits the realm of the dead and νεκρομαντεία in Hellenistic Greek, rendered as necromantīa in Latin, and as necromancy in 17th-century English.

Practitioners were often members of the Christian clergy, though some nonclerical practitioners are recorded. In some instances, mere apprentices or those ordained to lower orders dabbled in the practice. They were connected by a belief in the manipulation of spiritual beings – especially demons – and magical practices. These practitioners were almost always literate and well educated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

Practices such as these, varying from the mundane to the grotesque, were commonly associated with necromancy. Rituals could be quite elaborate, involving magic circles, wands, talismans, and incantations. The necromancer might also surround himself with morbid aspects of death, which often included wearing the deceased's clothing and consuming foods that symbolized lifelessness and decay such as unleavened black bread and unfermented grape juice. Some necromancers even went so far as to take part in the mutilation and consumption of corpses.

Necromancy is a practice of magic involving communication with the deceased.

Deuteronomy 7:26 "Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing."

Christ has risen. He is no longer on the Cross.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:47 pm
@Ponderer,
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world, through Him, might be saved."
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:56 pm
@Ponderer,
Quote:
" If I could just make myself in the form of a bird, then I could go among them, and tell them that I am only trying to save them. "

Tell me. Who else in Y'srael might have had 'long' hair?

The current population of Y'srael is at: 8.712 million (2017).

How many, then, might have lived as 'current' 'free-lovers'?

For some reason, many today think that life then was like how life is like now. Many say that 'murder' and 'blood shedding' was all that God and those that left Egypt partook in. They seem to be forgetting that in those days there were no cars or trucks or tanks or planes. There were no buildings or electricity or running underground water pipes. There were no toilets or sinks. So when they left Egypt, they were on foot with the 'animals/livestock' they had. And when while they were in the desert trying to follow God the Amalekites came out seeking to destroy them in the desert, do you think that the those that came out of Egypt were equipped with machine guns and bows and arrows and spears and firearms to go out 'murdering' and 'blood shedding' as many think they did today?

All the others had Chariots and armor and weapons for war. But what of those that were 'walking' through the desert? What kinds of 'chariots' or 'armor' or 'weapons for war' would they have been lugging around?

I think about these 'current' persons who think they understand how life might have been like then when the Sons of (J)acob were wandering in the desert and how in their assumptions and presumptions they think that what the Sons of (J)acob did was 'wrong', even in today's times and under other 'human beings'' ideals. And I try to imagine how those 'migrants' which entered into Europe has somewhat of an allusion to the 'exodus' and the 'entries'. However, those current 'migrants' were not led by God and God did not, Himself, pick out those lands for them.

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 01:14 pm
@daverod,
So let's take a look at the Canaanites and all the others. Who were they as a 'people'? They came from the same lineage as those that were led out of Egypt. The Canaanites share the same lineage as the Sons of (J)acob, which goes back to certain 'parents' in their family line. And all families can trace theirs back to Noah, and his 3 sons.

So yes. Brothers were killing brothers. And cousins were killing cousins. Some because they did not want to assist in helping with the good for the 'all'. And some because they had to defend themselves.

This 'not wanting to assist for the good of the 'all'' is more like individual free will.

Those that are opposed or oppose God's 'assisting for the good of the all' are as those that prevent Him from making too much progress towards the 'all'.

Humanitarians would understand this.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 01:48 pm
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

It was a freezing-cold morning, and snow swirled and piled in drifts around the farmhouse. A farmer looked out his frost-covered window, and saw a flock of birds huddled by the barn. He thought "I'll go open the barn door so they can get inside out of the snow." He put on his hat, coat, and boots, and went outside. But as he got close to the barn, the birds flew away. He went back inside, and when he looked out, the birds were back by the barn. Again the farmer went out to try to let them in the door. And again, the birds flew away, because they were afraid of him and didn't realize he was only trying to help them.

Why didn’t he just leave the door ajar? They would have figured out how to get in. What was he going to do, close the door on the birds?

Before you think I’m missing your point, I think it’s better to leave the opportunities open/ajar so whoever is in need can decide at their own pace, not yours. Also, I don’t think it’s good to close/trap someone in with your “help”. You don’t have to fling the door wide open and leave it so whoever is already i there and warm would suffer. Better to leave the door open a bit, then the additional warmth of those who choose to enter will keep everyone happy.

You don’t have to become the same thing as what you are trying to help.
Ponderer

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 09:06 pm
@chai2,
Actually, that is the way it works. (about leaving the door open)
I will tell you the truth. (In front of God and everyone) I loved Jesus at first sight. One of my first memories was seeing a print (from a painting) hanging over my Grandmother's bed. It was a picture of Jesus standing at the door of a house, knocking. I just remember thinking that he looked like such a nice man, and wondering why he was knocking and if the people opened the door. Later in my life (on my own), I learned that it depicted the scripture where Jesus said "Behold. I stand at the door and knock."
It is all about belief. I believe that Jesus said the things that people wrote that he said. I believe that he was (is) who he said he was (is). I believe that those people who wrote about him believed that he was who he said he was. (The son of God)
Now I will tell you more truth, not for the sake of vanity or to exalt myself, but for the sake of truth.
Of course, you are free to believe this or not also.

Having seen what I knew to be angels in dreams, (several times), upon waking I would think "I wish I had asked her name." I am not talking about flowing white gowns and wings. I am talking about girls/women who were "perfect for me". The time that I remembered to ask one her name, she said "Trillia".
Is that an angelic name?
Could I make that up in a split-second? In a dream?
Would I fabricate this and tell you it is the truth?
chai2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 09:45 pm
@Ponderer,
So what was the point in your story about the guy wishing he could be a bird to get the other birds to understand?
Ponderer

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:47 pm
@chai2,
That was about God making himself in the form of a man. Jesus said "I and the Father are one." He said "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."
chai2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:20 pm
@Ponderer,
Yeah but then according to you, it’s not the message.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 04:26 am
Help, I'm slippin' into the Twilight Zone
Feels like a madhouse
Feels like being cloned . . .

I never knew Ponderer swung that way . . . creepy.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 04:39 am
The second coming didn't go that well, although probably better than the first. Being kicked out of a darts match, even one with Phil "the power" Taylor, has to be preferable to being crucified.

0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 05:47 am
@Setanta,
I once had a neighbor who needed help hanging a mirror in his bedroom.
It was a small apartment, and the only separation between the living room and bedroom was that the bedroom was elevated one step. I was standing with my back to the step, and when I turned to step back down, I saw that there was a very low, (floor level) chair where I was going to step. With my weight going forward, and nowhere to step, I started falling. In front of me was a narrow window that went almost to the floor. As people do, I instinctively reached out my right arm. (And said "God ......" out of embarrassment and not knowing how it would turn out) My hand went through the bottom pane and my arm went through almost to the shoulder.
The glass looked like an open shark's mouth, with shards around the edge pointing toward the hole where my arm went through.
The next morning I saw that there was broken glass all the way across a sidewalk ten feet from the building. (It was an upstairs apartment)
Oh...me? Not even a scratch. Some might say
"miraculously". Some might say "He must have had an angel watching over him."
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 05:49 am
@Ponderer,
Some might call it 'dumb luck.'
Ponderer

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
"...and whoever shall say "Thou fool." shall be in danger of hellfire. "
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 06:08 am
@Ponderer,

And nobody bullys better than the self righteous religious bigots.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 08:01 am
@Ponderer,
Quoting scripture doesn't mean anything.
0 Replies