Trump calls CNN reporter a 'rude, terrible person' during explosive press conference

Wed 7 Nov, 2018 02:24 pm
President Donald Trump on Wednesday lashed out at a CNN reporter during a televised press conference, saying the journalist was a "rude, terrible person."
"You're a very rude person. The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is horrible," the president said to Jim Acosta, the network's chief White House correspondent.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 5,391 • Replies: 81
Topic Closed

revelette1

Wed 7 Nov, 2018 02:30 pm
@Rahmounik,
Did the journalist roll his eyes or otherwise show his disgust? If not he/she should have.
RABEL222

Wed 7 Nov, 2018 05:06 pm
@revelette1,
Who knows rude and disgusting better than trump. He is after all the expert on it.
farmerman

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:59 am
@RABEL222,
I think hes in panic mode. Hes been acting in an uncontrolled fashion , and Its a coincidence that he lowers the hammer the day after his election "Victories"
McGentrix

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think hes in panic mode. Hes been acting in an uncontrolled fashion , and Its a coincidence that he lowers the hammer the day after his election "Victories"

That's because you can't hear Trump. Your delicate ears aren't capable of understanding Trump's nuances and fall for huis bullshit like every other leftist. The rest of us laugh about it now because we see what the other hand is doing while you guys are so busy being distracted so easily.
Below viewing threshold (view)
tsarstepan

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:06 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I advise Trump to start hosing down obnoxious reporters with a Super Soaker filled with rancid dog piss.

Surprised that you didn't advise Trump and his administration to adopt Florida's Stand-your-ground law and basically shoot any journalist who's asking a legitimate question ... right in the head.

InfraBlue

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:13 am
@McGentrix,
So, what is the other hand doing?
coluber2001

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:02 pm
Why does anybody expect reasonable responses from Trump anymore? That's like expecting to get honey from an ass. The man-- and I use the term loosely-- is nothing but a wannabe dictator, he's not a president.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 12:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
Making. Sure the Trump empire continues to make money at the government trough.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Surprised that you didn't advise Trump and his administration to adopt Florida's Stand-your-ground law and basically shoot any journalist who's asking a legitimate question ... right in the head.
Stand Your Ground is about self defense against a violent attacker. These journalists are not violently attacking anyone. They are just being ignorant blowhards.
farmerman

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
They are just being ignorant blowhards
Somehow, when people are in the presence of his Plumpness, his manner kinda rubs off on ya.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:01 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Your delicate ears aren't capable of understanding Trump's nuances and fall for huis bullshit like every other leftist

Now now, just because he hasnt made any progress since his Academy days, no reason to circle the wagons. You guys are really convinced theres really a "there" there.
Hes definitely in panic mode , maybe youre so blinded by his aura that fact and truth are the fist things to have disappeared up yer asses
oralloy

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Hes definitely in panic mode,
Why? There is certainly no cause for him to panic.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 05:24 pm
@farmerman,
Donald Trump is incapable of trusting anyone. He has contempt for the people who serve him faithfully. He seems to think he is still the head of a privately held company, but he is not, he is the chief executive who serves at the pleasure of the voters.

The people who worship Trump, are the same ones who dream of being able to tell their boss or employer "take this job and shove it", that is the ultimate form of success for these people. The fact that he is a swaggering bully with the grace of a bull in a china shop is absolutely intoxicating for them. The general feeling seems to be "so what if foreign leaders think he's unstable", "so what if we have become the laughing stock of the world""So what if he stiffs the people who work for him" "His DC Hotel is making vast amounts of money from Saudi princes who shower him with money to curry influence, so what??? "Why should he have live on a government paycheck". They forgive all of it because Trumps behaves like a vulgar buffoon and insults men in suits and ties, it's a dream come true for the angry folks who think somehow they have been outsmarted by smarty pants intellectuals who cheat them out of their god-given roles.

Reminds me a great deal of the Involuntarily-Celibate (INCELs) movement.

oralloy

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:21 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Wow. Bitter much?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:24 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

this was actually the first thing I thought about when I heard about last night's shootings. perhaps because one of our Incel killers was in court earlier this week. weird thing about them is they do tend to kill themselves or try to do death by cop.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:31 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
The people who worship Trump, are the same ones who dream of being able to tell their boss or employer "take this job and shove it", that is the ultimate form of success for these people. The fact that he is a swaggering bully with the grace of a bull in a china shop is absolutely intoxicating for them.
You learned nothing at all from Hillary's deplorables blunder?
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Donald Trump is incapable of trusting anyone. He has contempt for the people who serve him faithfully. He seems to think he is still the head of a privately held company, but he is not, he is the chief executive who serves at the pleasure of the voters.
It reminds me of something I read a while back - that Trump believes the number one trait of any supporter is loyalty. Not loyalty to America. Not loyalty to The President. But loyalty to him, Trump, personally.

If you think about his actions through this filter - just about everything he does, to attack other people (which is incredibly undignified of a President, but that's a different matter) starts to make sense. All the people he's fired, and what he's said about them, starts making sense. His expectations of others, that they lie for him, that they attack other people for him, that they stand by his public statements no matter how out there they are...starts to make sense.

More recently, I've started reading 'The Dictators Handbook'. A rather interesting read so far. One of it's central concepts is that rulers that last a while (whether Presidents, Dictators, Kings, CEO's etc) want / need / seek people that are loyal to them personally. The more autocratic they are, the more they need personal loyalty to stay ruling. Of course it's much more complex than that, but it is interesting just how much Trump acts like their examples of dictators, rather than their examples of Presidents.

0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:35 pm
One thing that Trump either does not know (which is what I believe is going on) or refuses to accept is that the office of president is not a powerful position. It was never intended to be, and the constitution sees Congress as the central power in government, with the executive being just what the name implies, an office to execute, to carry out the will of Congress. He behaves as though he can dictate;and a weak, self-interested Congress, focused only on election/re-election and garnering the emoluments (largely under the table) their offices can offer presents no obstacles to his agenda. His rage against the media, and his idiotic complaints against the Democrats (who have had no power, and will have no power until January 3rd) reflect his narcissistic belief in his own personal power. Most of Washington wanted during the constitutional convention was not granted to him--the delegates had their own ideas, and instructions from their respective state legislatures. Washington was not dismayed by the final document, he had not seen and did not want the role of president (no one had any doubt that he would be the first) to be equivalent to that of a monarch, not even a constitutional monarch. He saw himself simply as a magistrate in the sense of a civil officer charged with enforcing the law. The only role equivalent to an old-style monarch which was granted the president was that of commander-in-chief. After all, Washington was the nation's military hero, and the delegates saw him sitting at the president's table throughout their deliberations.

Trump, however, either seems to think that the office of president is an office of supreme power in the republic, or he intends to act as though it were. He is very likely to fly into more and more rages with the Democrats controlling the house after January 3rd, and no let-up from the press, who despise him more and more each day. Whatever else may come up, it will certainly be entertaining.
0 Replies