Towards the end of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory why don't we see the 4 bad kids exiting?

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 02:49 am
I've always wondered why there isn't a scene of the other four bad kids exiting the factory towards the end of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I know Wonka says "When they leave here they'll be completely restored to their normal terrible old selves", but why did the Crew not show a scene of the kids exiting? Is there a Reason why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 735 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 05:05 am
@lukakeats100,
As I recall, it's not in the book. In fact, I think the book has no such line from Wonka (it's been a really long time since I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 07:09 am
One of the films had a kid shrunk tiny and then stretched tall and flat with a taffy pulling machine. I don't recall him getting fixed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:26 pm
@lukakeats100,
I would guess they felt it was addressed by what Wonka said that they would be restored and felt there was no reason to show them.

And here is some others point of view on it - I guess in the book they do see the children leaving when they are in the glass elevator

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:P_49g7xUKAkJ:https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/65351/how-come-there-isnt-a-scene-showing-the-four-other-kids-exiting-the-factory+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm
And did you know that Mike TV was a contestant on Jeopardy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:39 pm
@lukakeats100,
Why don't we follow each and every character (in real time) from the time they get the tickets through the entirety of their trip to the Chocolate Factory and whatever country that takes place in? I mean come on! Everything needs to be properly depicted in its entirety. Did the characters brush their teeth twice a day; go to bed and sleep eight or so hours; go to the bathroom periodically? What about their packing their luggage? Did they calculate what kind of clothes to pack (weather wise)? What was in their overhead baggage? Did anyone need to go to the pharmacy to get extra medications for the trip?

Dealing with airport security? Did they choose the kosher meals on the flight? What about the inflight movie? Can't we watch the entire movie they watched as well?

Their whole hotel check in experience needs to be experienced as well. Did they take public transportation? A taxi? Private limo... from their hotel to the factory? Did they tip their driver? Etc...?
Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 01:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
My guess is that this was asked because it is in the book - however, typically within movies there is stuff cut off to make the movie within a certain amount of time and also often times they change things up to make it more movie friendly. There is stuff in books that just do not translate well in a movie -
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 02:24 am
@Linkat,
That's the least of it. Roald Dahl wanted Spike Milligan to play Willie Wonka, instead he was turned into an American by Gene Wilder.
0 Replies