gollum

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:42 pm
A fairly new firm named Brixdale is offering "Inverse Mortgages." It claims to offer an accelerated mortgage payoff and generation of income to the customer.

Is it a scam? A good deal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,245 • Replies: 12
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:11 pm
From what I can tell, lookin' over the material on their website, its about as legitimate as any other pyramid scam that bills itself a a multi-level-marketing opportuinity.
0 Replies

resource

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 12:46 pm
Brixdale
I really wish everyone would do more research than just visiting and scanning through a website before making statements about them. I did do my research and what you have stated timberlandko is way off. First of all, they are not mlm, they are direct sales...BIG DIFFERENCE. They only pay one level down = direct sales.

Secondly, if you really dug deeper you would find that the consumer...Brixdale's clients...are 100% protected via the Regulation E and NACHA laws that are in place. I've researched this on the internet AND I've spoken with my bank about it to confirm this.

Thirdly, it is NOT the 'elimination' type of programs that have been going around for years now without success. It is more like the same concept of Frequent Flyer miles. If you fly and earn flyer miles you earn free flights. With this, if you use their service you earn reward points which each point earned = $1 and then that money is paid either directly to your mortgage holder or to you personally.

Your assesment of Brixdale is totally wrong and very misleading. I can personally state that I am a Brixdale client and have so far had 2 successful mortgage payments debited from my account by them and then paid to my mortgage company. I am well on my way to earning reward points which will generate the goal I'm after...paying off my mortgage. I am further in a position now to offer $500 to anyone who meets 2 simple requirements which you can read about here:
EDIT (Moderator): Link Removed
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:45 pm
First off, partner, Regulation E has nothin' to do with mortgages; it provides regulation for electronic funds transfers, with particular emphasis on disclosures and error-resolution procedures relevant to automatic teller machines and direct deposits/automated withdrawls.

Quote:
Title 12: Banks and Banking

ยง 205.1 Authority and purpose.
(a) Authority. The regulation in this part, known as Regulation E, is issued by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System pursuant to the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. 1693 et seq.). The information-collection requirements have been approved by the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq. and have been assigned OMB No. 7100-0200.

(b) Purpose. This part carries out the purposes of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, which establishes the basic rights, liabilities, and responsibilities of consumers who use electronic fund transfer services and of financial institutions that offer these services. The primary objective of the act and this part is the protection of individual consumers engaging in electronic fund transfers.
. The only mention of the word "Mortgage" in the regulation occurs in , Paragraph 10(e)1---Credit (i), which states:
Quote:

All of which simply means that electronic funds transfers involvin' mortgages are subject to the disclosure and error resolution rules of the act. Also, the wordin' " ... provided the program with the automatic payment feature is not the only loan program offered by the creditor for the type of credit involved" appears to pose some difficulty for Brixdale; does Brixdale meet the definition of "Creditor" (it seems they might; there is a contractual agreement providin' ongoin' service for consideration of recurrin' payment), and, if so, what other sort of loans do they offer?

Secondly, no matter how you choose to characterize multi-level marketin', the plan in question more than meets the definition: up front fee, downstream revenue generation dependent upon subsequent subscribers to the plan. Lets look at a quote from Tom Oakes, Brixdales' Customer Support Manager, transcribed from a conference call:

Quote:
(Oakes): You are only paid for your own personal referrals and their first two referrals. Each time you receive two referrals from someone else you get paid from their two referrals as well and this process continues without limitations.

So what does this say? It says that while Brixdale claims not to be a MLM/Pyramid Scam, they operate as one. Sorta like a spammer sayin' his spam ain't spam 'cause he says it ain't. Spam is spam, and a scam is a scam, no matter how much smoke and mirror surround either.
0 Replies

resource

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 04:26 pm
Brixdale
First off, I'm not your partner so don't call me that.

Secondly, you are of course twisting the points I've tried to make. I did not claim that Regulation E and the NACHA laws specifically addressed mortgages. The point about it relates to the fact that Brixdale uses the ACH system which IS regulated by these laws. If Brixdale errors in any number of different area's regarding the debits they make from their clients accounts, they lose. The consumer/client merely notifies their bank of the error within 15 days for the NACHA law to be used and 60 days for the Regulation E law to be used...either way the client gets their money back and then the clients bank goes after Brixdale. Call YOUR bank if you don't believe me. I DID call my bank before becoming a Brixdale client to MAKE SURE I was protected.

Third, Brixdale is not in any way claiming to be a creditor or offer any types of loans. They are a payment processing service only. The creditor is your mortgage loan company/bank holding the mortgage. Using their service saves me the monthly chore of making out and mailing out a check to my mortgage company myself.

Fourth, your attack on mlm's in general is unfair to all the legitimate mlm companies. Granted there are plenty of scam artists out there using the mlm industry to dupe people, but you shouldn't tag all mlm's as scams without doing individual research on each one you are considering. And your point about a pyramid is off the wall to me. Every legitimate company or corporation has a pyramid structure to begin with. The big guys at the top (CEO, CFO, etc.) ALWAYS are the ones making the big bucks while the little office clerks at the bottom are making peanuts. Also, mlm = multi-level-marketing. That means that commissions are earned from multiple levels of referrals deep where each level earns a certain percentage of the commission.

Brixdale clients earn commissions on ONE LEVEL ONLY = direct sales. 100% of the commission earned from the client on your first level is paid to you...its not divided up in multiple levels. I have done extensive research on the various types of compensation plans that have been offered by the companies out there and this plan does not constitute an mlm structure. I too have been on numerous calls where Tom Oaks is answering questions as well as spoken with him personally one-on-one and if you ask him he will also explain to you WHY the compensation plan is NOT mlm. People might think that it would take a huge unrealistic number for each client to realize the reward points they speak of, but in reality the number for a client to refer in order to maximize the comp plan is only 4. Really study the plan and you'll see I'm right. The 2up system simply gives the first 2 referrals of each client to that clients sponsor...where do those referrals land? On the first and only level of their sponsor. Only clients on each clients first level earn them the reward points = the commissions.

And oh...you talked about an upfront fee...there is NO upfront fee that new Brixdale clients are required to pay. You simply get set-up to start paying your mortgage/rental payments through them and using their system at the end of 3 months time period you end up in a pre-payment status = 1 payment ahead. This alone, without referring anyone can save a person up to 10 mortgage payments. They do have a fee, but it is deferred for up to 12 months and to get that paid it only takes referring 2 new clients to them. If you don't refer any new clients in 12 months then the fee is equal to one month's mortgage payment amount...whatever that is for you. You still save up to 9 mortgage payments. In every angle I looked at this I saw NO RISK to the consumer/client which was the main thing I was doing my research on.

I'm not here trying to debate with you personally, but I am trying to make available a point of view for others viewing this posting to not mistakenly think that your assessment is correct. Each person should do their own due diligence on any company they are considering and not depend on the opinions of others who have done no research or have only done a partial investigation. Finding things that are worth your time and money are not an easy task, but when I find one I let others know about it. Brixdale IS worth my time and money in my opinion and based on the research I have done personally to date.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 05:17 pm
Re: Brixdale
resource wrote:
First off, I'm not your partner so don't call me that.

Secondly, you are of course twisting the points I've tried to make. I did not claim that Regulation E and the NACHA laws specifically addressed mortgages. The point about it relates to the fact that Brixdale uses the ACH system which IS regulated by these laws. If Brixdale errors in any number of different area's regarding the debits they make from their clients accounts, they lose. The consumer/client merely notifies their bank of the error within 15 days for the NACHA law to be used and 60 days for the Regulation E law to be used...either way the client gets their money back and then the clients bank goes after Brixdale. Call YOUR bank if you don't believe me. I DID call my bank before becoming a Brixdale client to MAKE SURE I was protected.

All the law provides is that Brixdale comply with standard accountin' and disclosure regulations. Should the company go belly-up, whatever investment, income schedule, or equity one may have built in the scheme goes away with it. You have no other protection. Brixdale merely asserts it will not outright steal your money for itself, will keep records pertainin' to the money it moves for you, and provide you with that disclosure.

Quote:
Third, Brixdale is not in any way claiming to be a creditor or offer any types of loans. They are a payment processing service only. The creditor is your mortgage loan company/bank holding the mortgage. Using their service saves me the monthly chore of making out and mailing out a check to my mortgage company myself.

Argument may be made they act as agent both for the creditor and the borrower - a nebulous, often peril-frought middle-ground. Also possibly of interest, mortgage holders often incorporate into their contracts clauses which specifically prohibit 3rd-party payment processin' services, in recognition - through experience - of the myriad problems possibly attendent thereon.

Quote:
Fourth, your attack on mlm's in general is unfair to all the legitimate mlm companies. Granted there are plenty of scam artists out there using the mlm industry to dupe people, but you shouldn't tag all mlm's as scams without doing individual research on each one you are considering. And your point about a pyramid is off the wall to me. Every legitimate company or corporation has a pyramid structure to begin with. The big guys at the top (CEO, CFO, etc.) ALWAYS are the ones making the big bucks while the little office clerks at the bottom are making peanuts. Also, mlm = multi-level-marketing. That means that commissions are earned from multiple levels of referrals deep where each level earns a certain percentage of the commission.

While many MLM schemes are legal, all are Pyramid schemes, regardless the claimed levels or layers of the pyramid. For discussion at great detail, see: What's Wrong With Multi-Level Marketing?

Quote:
Brixdale clients earn commissions on ONE LEVEL ONLY = direct sales. 100% of the commission earned from the client on your first level is paid to you...its not divided up in multiple levels. I have done extensive research on the various types of compensation plans that have been offered by the companies out there and this plan does not constitute an mlm structure. I too have been on numerous calls where Tom Oaks is answering questions as well as spoken with him personally one-on-one and if you ask him he will also explain to you WHY the compensation plan is NOT mlm.

Yeah, right. Tom says his scheme ain't a pyramid, even though it works as a pyramid. Thats good enough for you, huh? Not for me, I'm afraid.

Quote:
People might think that it would take a huge unrealistic number for each client to realize the reward points they speak of, but in reality the number for a client to refer in order to maximize the comp plan is only 4. Really study the plan and you'll see I'm right. The 2up system simply gives the first 2 referrals of each client to that clients sponsor...where do those referrals land? On the first and only level of their sponsor. Only clients on each clients first level earn them the reward points = the commissions.

That ain't a pyramid itself? And of course, there's no prohibition against, and there is even incentive for, further recruitment. C'mon.

Quote:
And oh...you talked about an upfront fee...there is NO upfront fee that new Brixdale clients are required to pay. You simply get set-up to start paying your mortgage/rental payments through them and using their system at the end of 3 months time period you end up in a pre-payment status = 1 payment ahead. This alone, without referring anyone can save a person up to 10 mortgage payments. They do have a fee, but it is deferred for up to 12 months and to get that paid it only takes referring 2 new clients to them. If you don't refer any new clients in 12 months then the fee is equal to one month's mortgage payment amount...whatever that is for you. You still save up to 9 mortgage payments. In every angle I looked at this I saw NO RISK to the consumer/client which was the main thing I was doing my research on.

"...
They do have a fee, but it is deferred for up to 12 months and to get that paid it only takes referring 2 new clients to them. If you don't refer any new clients in 12 months then the fee is equal to one month's mortgage payment amount...whatever that is for you ...
"
The fee obligation is incurred at contract inception. Where over the contract it may be assessed and collected, and in what manner, is irrelevant. It is a fee upon which membership is conditioned - an up-front fee.

Quote:
I'm not here trying to debate with you personally, but I am trying to make available a point of view for others viewing this posting to not mistakenly think that your assessment is correct. Each person should do their own due diligence on any company they are considering and not depend on the opinions of others who have done no research or have only done a partial investigation. Finding things that are worth your time and money are not an easy task, but when I find one I let others know about it. Brixdale IS worth my time and money in my opinion and based on the research I have done personally to date.

Debate whomever and however you wish. Your point, it seems to me, is that you have both an emotional and a financial investment in this scheme, hardly an objective startin' point. While perhaps not positively indicative of ulterior motive on your part in your contestin' of my position, your comments offer no reason to doubt same. The research I've done indicates to me things are as I have appraised them. This research of mine, BTW, has included consultation with a couple different big-buck attorneys who specialize in finance matters. Big buck finance matters. One happens to be a relative, the other a poker buddy. (I'd love to get the relative to play in our regular poker games - she's terrible at it. She won't take the bait though Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil )

Oh, and BTW - I pretty much make my livin' through investin'. The Brixdale scheme sure don't seem a good bet to me ... way too many "Ifs". I'll stick with securities, currencies, commodities, real estate, and conventional real estate instruments. I have a comfortable track record overall relative to the market and the economy. Works for me. Pyramids don't.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 05:45 pm
http://www.signswithanattitude.com/images_signs/xing_signs/eagle.jpg

Laughing
0 Replies

resource

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 03:20 pm
Brixdale
You are certainly a piece of work and very good at twisting what has been explained to you.

You wrote:
"All the law provides is that Brixdale comply with standard accountin' and disclosure regulations. Should the company go belly-up, whatever investment, income schedule, or equity one may have built in the scheme goes away with it. You have no other protection. Brixdale merely asserts it will not outright steal your money for itself, will keep records pertainin' to the money it moves for you, and provide you with that disclosure."

This statement is so wrong and shows you do not understand the Regulation E and NACHA laws. If Brixdale (or any company for that matter) debits your account for any amount other than what you have authorized or debits it on an unauthorized date, then the law mandates that your bank credit your account for that amount within 24 hours. Therefore if something happened you have NOT lost any money. There is no investment you are making with Brixdale other than your time and entrusting them to pay to your mortgage holder/landlord on your behalf...they don't keep one penny of the amount they debit. If they were to close their doors, yes one would never see the unpaid commissions I'm sure, but you have still NOT lost any money, just not gained what you were hoping for. All of the above still = NO RISK.

You wrote:
"Argument may be made they act as agent both for the creditor and the borrower - a nebulous, often peril-frought middle-ground. Also possibly of interest, mortgage holders often incorporate into their contracts clauses which specifically prohibit 3rd-party payment processin' services, in recognition - through experience - of the myriad problems possibly attendent thereon."

Payment processing company's have been around for centuries. Accounting firms provide this service...for a fee. Brixdale is aware of the far and few between (these days) contracts which prohibit a 3rd party payment processor and tell their prospective clients to check on that before submitting their application for service. However, the word 'agent' is definately not correct. The client is still responsible for all business arrangements with their creditor and also responsible for advising Brixdale in writing any adjustments which must be made accordingly. Just as with a million other types of decisions one makes, the choice to use the service is up to each individual.

You wrote:
"While many MLM schemes are legal, all are Pyramid schemes, regardless the claimed levels or layers of the pyramid. For discussion at great detail, see: What's Wrong With Multi-Level Marketing?"

You use of the term "Pyramid scheme" and stating that ALL mlm's are the same is grossly wrong. A true Pyramid scheme is one where ONLY the people at the very top of some type of matrix will be able to receive any money at all. In a well structured mlm plan, a person join at any time and have a spot anywhere within the structure and still have the ability to build a true residual income from their efforts. As I stated...EVERY company's structure is in the shape of a pyramid = the strongest structure known to man. And every pyramid has those at the top making the most money and the ones on the bottom making the least amount of money. At least with an mlm compared to corporate, a person doesn't have to claw their way towards the top possibly having to step on others to get there and ruin their health doing it. In an mlm they can work as hard and as much as they choose to and they don't have to step on others to become successful. The key is to find the right company with all the right things in place before you dedicate so much effort into it. Again, it is up to the individual.

You wrote:
"Yeah, right. Tom says his scheme ain't a pyramid, even though it works as a pyramid. Thats good enough for you, huh? Not for me, I'm afraid."

Once again you are making a statement without having the knowledge to make it. You don't understand how it works at all nor do you have the comprehension of what an illegal pyramid scheme really is. And it is obvious you are unwilling to study these things with an unbias attitude so it is your loss. If you say that you choose not to use Brixdale's (or any company's) service, that's fine. But you don't have the right to make slanderous statements when you don't have all the facts straight.

You wrote:
"That ain't a pyramid itself? And of course, there's no prohibition against, and there is even incentive for, further recruitment. C'mon."

Again, you don't have a comprehension of a pyramid scheme. Brixdale's comp plan isn't a matrix. A person can go as wide as they want generating clients directly below them on one level only which they receive commissions on. DIRECT SALES Would you also critisize the hard-working sales people working for corporations because they are constantly trying to recruit new customer sales? C'mon!

You wrote:
"The fee obligation is incurred at contract inception. Where over the contract it may be assessed and collected, and in what manner, is irrelevant. It is a fee upon which membership is conditioned - an up-front fee."

Try to make correct statements. The fee is NOT for a membership. It is for the SERVICE they provide...a service which many other legitimate companies also provide and charge a fee for. And in Brixdale's case, unlike most other companies, the fee is NOT required to be paid before or on a monthly basis to them. Brixdale's fee is a one-time fee and they offer a way for the client to pay it off without any out-of-pocket cash and give them 12 months to do so. The others want their fee before they provide the service.

You wrote:
"Debate whomever and however you wish. Your point, it seems to me, is that you have both an emotional and a financial investment in this scheme, hardly an objective startin' point. While perhaps not positively indicative of ulterior motive on your part in your contestin' of my position, your comments offer no reason to doubt same. The research I've done indicates to me things are as I have appraised them. This research of mine, BTW, has included consultation with a couple different big-buck attorneys who specialize in finance matters. Big buck finance matters. One happens to be a relative, the other a poker buddy. (I'd love to get the relative to play in our regular poker games - she's terrible at it. She won't take the bait though )

Oh, and BTW - I pretty much make my livin' through investin'. The Brixdale scheme sure don't seem a good bet to me ... way too many "Ifs". I'll stick with securities, currencies, commodities, real estate, and conventional real estate instruments. I have a comfortable track record overall relative to the market and the economy. Works for me. Pyramids don't."

You should open a donut shop because your 'twists' are delicious! LOL The only investment I have in Brixdale is my time. My money has gone to my mortgage company. I guess that your big-buck attorney's have the right to their opinion the same as my big-buck attorney's and financial advisors do. But mine have taken the time to really do some investigation on Brixdale and have informed me they can find no risk and further more that the structure is solid. So solid that they have chosen to become Brixdale clients themselves.

You are free to continue with your rettaric here and choose to not educate yourself with all the facts, but I have at least given the other readers a reason to do their own investigation not limiting themselves to your blinder assestment. Whether you reply to this post or not, I will not waste any more of my time replying back. The readers can read what has already been written and take it from there.

Good Luck to all...including you timberlandko.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 03:38 pm
We all have the right to form, hold, and express our opinions. You yours, and I mine. We differ, you and I, on this particular matter. Fine. You go your way, I'll go mine.

BTW - for the sake of clarity, I do not characterize all MLM scemes as illegal pyramid schemes. Some are legal, a point I made.

And good luck to you, too - sincerely. I wish you no ill fortune; quite the contrary.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 06:01 pm
Re: Brixdale
timberlandko wrote:
resource wrote:

"...
They do have a fee, but it is deferred for up to 12 months and to get that paid it only takes referring 2 new clients to them. If you don't refer any new clients in 12 months then the fee is equal to one month's mortgage payment amount...whatever that is for you ...
"
The fee obligation is incurred at contract inception. Where over the contract it may be assessed and collected, and in what manner, is irrelevant. It is a fee upon which membership is conditioned - an up-front fee.

pass.
0 Replies

Josf

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:39 am
[URL=http://]Brixdale[/URL]

6.000.000.000 people (rough estimate of world population)

1,000,000,000 people (rough estimate of debtors) paying 150,000.00 in interest over 30 years.

$150,000,000,000,000.00

What comes after a trillion?

150 Gazillion?

150 Gazillion dollars flowing from debtors to creditors after 30 years

150 thousand divided by 30 equals:

$5000.00 per debtor per year

1 billion (number of debtors) times 5 thousand (yearly debt payment) equals:

$5,000,000,000,000.00

5 trillion per year going from borrowers to creditors

5 trillion divided by 365 equals:

$13,698,630,136.99

13 billion dollars a day going from borrowers to creditors

Control of the flow of money is power.

Those that have power tend to use power to keep power.

The ability to separate fact from fiction is power.

Those that have power tend do use falsehood to keep power.

How is my math?

"Any man who has once acclaimed violence as his METHOD must inexorably choose falsehood as his PRINCIPLE."
0 Replies

jrbsbuval

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:34 am
brixdale
THIS IS DIRECTED TO TIMBERLANDKO AND RESOURCE;
I HAVE READ YOUR POST S AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW :
ARE ONE OR BOTH OF YOU ARE STILL INVOLVE WITH BRIXDALE ???
BECAUSE RUMOR HAS IT THAT THEY ( BRIXDALE ) WERE TOLD TO SHUT DAY BY THE AUTORNEY GENERAL .....
ANY INFO YOU GUYS HAVE ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS IN ADVANCE

WWWEEEEE !!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:55 am
I've never had anything to do with Brixdale - or anything like it (unless you include the US Social Security system Rolling Eyes ) - and thousands of folks, including Brixdale's founder and its principals, now wish they'd never had anything to do with it either:

Quote:
New York Obtains Judgment Against Internet Scam

Brixdale.com Promised Consumers They Could Pay Off Mortgage Early

June 30, 2006

A consent judgment has been issued against a Long Island-based Web site operator and his associates who ran a string of fraudulent Internet operations.

Following the filing of a lawsuit by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's office in September 2005, Jeffrey Augugliaro of Malverne was ordered to immediately pay over $200,000 to consumers who were victimized by a mortgage payment scam he perpetrated through his business, Brixdale, Inc.

The judgment required him to pay additional restitution of over $700,000 to affected Brixdale consumers and to make a payment of $100,000 to a charitable organization designated by the court, with the advice of the Attorney General, that serves the stated objectives of a purported charity through which Augugliaro conducted a separate fraudulent solicitation scam.

The court has designated that the $100,000 be distributed to the American Cancer Society, whose mission is consistent with the purported purposes of the organizations, namely cancer prevention, treatment and service.

In addition, evidence suggested numerous consumers who donated money to the defendants' fake charity thought they were donating to the American Cancer Society.

The judgment also requires Augugliaro to shut down all his businesses and websites, permanently bars him from operating any further internet operations, and unless a $100,000 performance bond is posted, bars him from operating any type of consumer business in New York state.

Using the Web site, brixdale.com, Augugliaro promised consumers that by allowing him to take control of the electronic transfers of their monthly mortgage payments, consumers could not only pay off an entire 30-year mortgage in full, but could also easily make a quarter of a million dollars, all in a matter of months. Nationwide, about 3,000 consumers signed up.

According to the lawsuit, the Brixdale scam was an illegal pyramid scheme, whereby consumers were encouraged to recruit others to sign up. Those new members, in turn, had to recruit new members to perpetuate the scheme.

Consumers were lured into making "extra" mortgage payments, but rather than making the mortgage payments as promised, Augugliaro siphoned off some of the funds himself and to pay commissions to others. As a result, hundreds of thousands of consumers' dollars were drained from the Brixdale account.

In another scam, Augugliaro set up a business named People Helping People and a purported charitable organization named the American Cancer Aid Foundation, and solicited donations for cancer prevention research on the internet. Donors were promised two free airline tickets worth up to $1,600 that they could use to fly anywhere in the world.

The lawsuit charged that none of the money solicited was ever donated to charity, but was misappropriated by Augugliaro and his associates. Furthermore, there were no free airline tickets, and consumers received nothing for their donation. The "free" airline ticket scam was also promoted through other businesses run by Augugliaro, and was offered on his websites, massmarketingprogram.com and jamco.com

Augugliaro recruited individuals to work for him in promoting his airline ticket scams by falsely promising that they could earn as much as $30,000 per month working at home by recruiting others. At one point, he had as many as five thousand "directors" worldwide who promoted his scams.

These directors set up their own websites to promote the "free" airline tickets, placed advertisements on the internet, and in some cases sold fake tickets on e-Bay. The lawsuit alleged that thousands of consumers were defrauded, including cancer victims.

'nuff said?
0 Replies