the psp is awesome

djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
i picked up my psp yesterday, and, well, the title says it all

there are some things i'd have done differntly in the design department, but the hardware is unbelievable, the need for speed underground rivals looks as good as nfsu for the ps2, and the frame rates are fantastic

loading times vary by game (the bundle i got included gretzky nhl, long loads, but a ton of options in the game), but in game play is smooth

the screen is beautiful, i watched about half of spiderman 2 last night and okay it's no 60" plasma, but it's clear and crisp and you kinda forget it's so small at times

the sound is good, the speakers are decent, but headphones are where it really shines

the controls take some getting used to, the analog button is actually pretty sweet

the problems are few, it's a little to shiny, i would have made it a little more flat finnish

why the head phones and carrying strap are white is beyond me, the carrying strap is the ugliest accessory i've ever seen

the battery life is something i don't really know about yet, i've played about an hour of nfsu rivals, and a few minutes of the nhl game, plus watched some of the music videos on the sampler disc, and the system tells me i have 5 1/4 hours left on the charge, so it's pretty decent so far

the goddamn thing is expensive, but man it's one sweet machine
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,563 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:53 pm
Picked one up for my son yesterday, he loves it (he's 9). It was supposed to be his Christmas present but they delayed the launch. It's very cool, like an iPod/Gameboy combo on steroids.

Yes, the "value bundle" costs $250, but the fact is, the microprocessor and the 4" LCD easily cost close to that, so Sony is selling this at a loss (for now).
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:13 am
wo definatly buying one of those Smile
0 Replies

XBOX MAD

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:38 am
PSP is cool
0 Replies

mc awsome

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:23 am
you guys are all lucky coz the psp hasent been realeased in the uk yet like waaa i cant wait to grab one myself but i dosent come out until september ohhhhhhhhhhhh typical luck my birthday is september 5th huh
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:52 am
it does other thinks like email??
calendar?

how do you get movies on it?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:54 am
To get movies on it you have to convert them to a certain format using a freeware utility. You also need a 1GB memory stick (sold separately). The PSP comes with a built in USB 2.0 port for the transfer. The movies have to be placed in a certain directory by a certain name (weird). The instructions can be found online.

It can also store and play music.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:58 am
How large is a movie? Is it a one movie per gig thing?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:59 am
I think you can fit perhaps two full length movies into 1GB.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:33 pm
husker wrote:
it does other thinks like email??
calendar?

how do you get movies on it?

apparently if you buy the game wipeout, you can exploit a default browser buried in the game (used to download extra content) and set up a simple web browser, i've also heard the korean version shipped with a web browser, so the possibilty exists that someday you could surf the web and read your email
0 Replies

stevenroache183

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:31 am
it might come out in sept in the uk but gta liberty city stories is a launch title
0 Replies