I discovered some new spice blends

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 01:41 pm
@jcboy,
I understand why your physician says that, but each individual is a different case. I'd say it's the silent killer for most people. I have low blood pressure--all the time. My family doc in Ohio was always on me about not adding salt to my diet, so I decided he wasn't doing his due diligence. On an occasion when I knew I would be going to see him, I went three days without adding salt to any of my food. My BP was 90/50. So he comes in and tells me there seems to be a problem with my BP. No ****, Sherlock. So I explained to him what I'd done, and it took about fifteen minutes more while he poked and prodded me for him to (grudgingly) admit that I might have chronically low BP. I crave salt, all the time.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 06:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I favor sunflower seed oil. It stands higher temperature much better than olive. I do recall Chai having objections to it.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:12 pm
@roger,
I like sunflower seed oil, just went to the kitchen to see if I had any on hand......I don't.......while I was at it I checked the sesame seed oil, the walnut oil and a few other bottles and I realized they are past their prime, in other words, rancid.

So, tomorrow it's back to the store to replenish provisions.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:15 pm
@Setanta,
Also, is you are on a very low carb diet you need to add salt to your diet.
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:27 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I favor sunflower seed oil. It stands higher temperature much better than olive. I do recall Chai having objections to it.

The issue with sunflower, canola, safflower, cottonseed, soybean oils are they are inflammatory, are produced at high temperatures and release free radials.

That’s why I stick to avocado for cooking and olive for cold use.

Olive does have too low smoke point.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:35 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, but wasn't it nice that I remembered your disagreement?
Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:45 pm
@chai2,
That I did not know--I definitely prefer to get my calories from meat, but I do love my potatoes.
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:56 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yeah, but wasn't it nice that I remembered your disagreement?

Yes, it was very sweet of you. Smile
glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:08 pm
@chai2,
Isn't he a doll? All the girls love Roger 😍
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:49 am
@Setanta,
biggest sources of free radicals like peroxides dont come from food. Too much sunlight, too much exercise, smoking and even moderate drinking, and getting old.

So, each day I take nap in the basement and plan what Im gonna do as I get younger
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 02:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

We have been using the pink Himalayan salt for several years now. The Girl found it at the local dollarama, so we get it at a low price, too. Yup . . . genuine Himalayan pink salt, from the Himalayas of South Africa.

Hear this: Pakistani salt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_salt
0 Replies