help

kfcgod

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 11:26 am
In gym class you run 22m horizontal then climb a rope vertically for 4.8m. What is the direction angle of your total displacement, as measured from the horizontal?

How to solve?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 845 • Replies: 3
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 11:52 am
@kfcgod,
I know naff all about this but I can google the formula. There you go.

https://formulas.tutorvista.com/physics/angular-displacement-formula.html
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 01:44 pm
@kfcgod,
Ignore Izzy's link (which is completely irrelevant).

It always helps to draw a picture when you are learning these concepts. Hopefully you are familiar with right angle triangles. You should end up with something like this.

https://colindcarroll.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/arctan.png

When you know h, and l of a right angle triangle, and want to find the angle... the correct function to use is arctan.

0 Replies

Immediatehelpplease

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 05:18 pm
HELP

What materials are best to refract and cancel out all forms of the electromagnetic spectrum? Asking do to a problem I am having clearing my house of all electromagnetic bombardments. Second question: Are there any electromagnetic waves which might be operated in the known world that do not have any refraction possibilities. Please keep all answers direct and to the point. Please no in depth answers. Simple solutions as I am not educated on a university level. Please understand I do not intend to use information to do the wrong thing. Trying to protect my sensitivities from aggression. Your time and effort is much appreciated
0 Replies