Do you find yourself attractive?

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 02:30 pm
Why do you think people think of you as some sort of selfish diva if you say that you think you look good?
I bet alot of people find themself attractive but dont say it, and might even say that they think they are ugly instead, because they dont want people to think they are selfish divas. Why is that? Whats so wrong with thinking of yourself as attractive? Its not like you´re offending anyone else. As long as you dont think you are above everyone else.
What do you think? Am I wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,786 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 02:51 pm
I believe there is a fine line between finding yourself attractive and being conceited.... There are some days I look in the mirror and say 'hey I look pretty today' and then there are those days that I think 'oh my god, am I really this bad looking'.. it depends on a persons mood... then there are those people who are flawless (not exactly) and know they are.... so it really depends I guess.... but there is nothing wrong with saying, hey I am pretty!!
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:10 pm
Re: Do you find yourself attractive?
LuckyStar wrote:
Why do you think people think of you as some sort of selfish diva if you say that you think you look good?

First I was going to say that they either find you unattractive, and thus think you're an idiot for thinking that way, or they're just jealous. But the more I thought about it, people who would react that way to someone else feeling good about themselves are just rude anyway. Find some better friends.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:25 pm
There are some days where I look at myself in the mirror and say, "You're not such a bad-looking guy."

But there are conditions. I have to be drunk and I have to be at least three hundreds yards away from the mirror.

And it has to be a fleeting glimpse.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:41 pm
No need to get drunk,
I simply have no mirrors in the house. Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:52 pm
Isnt it strange how it is more acceptable to say something negative about yourself vs something positive?

You get more compliments and easier acceptance when you say things like " my hair sucks" But when you say things like " I look great in this dress/suit" People roll thier eyes and wonder what makes you so special...
hmm
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:53 pm
LuckyStar wrote:
I bet alot of people find themself attractive but dont say it, and might even say that they think they are ugly instead, because they dont want people to think they are selfish divas. Why is that? Whats so wrong with thinking of yourself as attractive? Its not like you´re offending anyone else. As long as you dont think you are above everyone else.

It's all in the delivery, as I'm guessing Soz would say.

For instance, I am incredibly good-looking, but because I'm also so damn charming, sweet and intelligent, people just love me no matter what I say and don't think I'm selfish at all.

At least I think that's how they feel. When people talk to me I'm usually just thinking about how gorgeous I am, or about the next brilliant thing that I'm going to say, so I don't really know what other people think.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
kickycan wrote:
LuckyStar wrote:

It's all in the delivery, as I'm guessing Soz would say.

For instance, I am incredibly good-looking, but because I'm also so damn charming, sweet and intelligent, people just love me no matter what I say and don't think I'm selfish at all.

At least I think that's how they feel. When people talk to me I'm usually just thinking about how gorgeous I am, or about the next brilliant thing that I'm going to say, so I don't really know what other people think.

I didn't know you had to actually think to get the next brilliant thing to say :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:01 pm
I consider kickycan to be a god. I think someone should carve a life size image of kickycan out of marble and we can all worship the statue as we eat grapes and slaughter sheep.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:15 pm
Gus, couldn't we just go with the "eat the grapes" part?

Unless someone can think of a more softer, gentler way to treat sheep.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:17 pm
We'll eat grapes, Paula, Gus can do as he pleases with the sheep.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:18 pm
I'm going to dress up one of the sheep in a littlek outfit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:20 pm
And, what type of outfit would that be?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:20 pm
Oh, I don't know. Maybe one of those yellow robes.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:21 pm
All the ladies find me attractive, so it would be pretty arrogant for me to disagree.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:21 pm
Hey, K, I'm gonna pull one of swimpy's pictures over here and see what happens.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:22 pm
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/188022179524/54260060lg.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:22 pm
what yellow robes?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:23 pm
Forget about the robe for now. Can you see the image?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:26 pm
noooope
0 Replies