170 kb mp3 file copied onto music cd question

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:36 am
I have a 2hour, 170 kb mp3 file on my hard drive. I want to put it onto music cd. It is a three album set non-stop file. HOw can I get it divided into files sizes that fit a standered 700mb disk? I jhave roxio creater classic and audio central and maybe another app. that may have come bundled w/xp pro
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 375 • Replies: 4
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 03:15 pm
are we defining the issue correctly?

there should be no problem if the file is 170kb and you want to burn it onto a 700meg cd.

actually i find mp3s akin to listening to old am radio and convert my mp3s to WAV files which sound much better, then burn them to the cd.

roxio is good decent software for cd burning.

if you need to convert, you can use software such as river past audio converter, or OSS audio converter both can be found via googling, and you can split them too with those softwares.

they cost about $25 each.

if you can tell me more, perhaps i can help you more.
0 Replies

djburton

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 08:55 pm
what I have is mp3 that isaround two and a half times larger than the standered 80 min. 700 meg cd...
I would convert to any thing needed.
But I do not really know how and .. well I am attempting to help a friend who is ill and wants this music to listen to on a portable cd player. Will wav files do that?

If so then will the conversion compress the file to an acceptable size? or what? /being able to break down a solid 2hour mp3 file at predetermined breaking points would be fantastic . then I could end a cd at the end of a track!!

thanks!!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 09:14 pm
a WAV file conversion from mp3 will increase the size of the file.

best thing to do is listen to the music and note where there is a fade-out between 500-700 megs, then split the file there and repeat at 1000-1300 megs.

sounds like you have 170megs, so you should expect to have to burn 3 cds to get all the stuff you need.

I use an audigy sound blaster card with a creative play center editing and can actually see where the sound wave diminshes, and can in fact, fade out any sound by using a toggle lever like a real sound board.

what you really need is software that allows you to split the audio file into pieces. google should help with something searched like ("split mp3 files" + "software").

i just found 6500 hits doing so. at

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22split+mp3+files+%2B+%22software%22.

the other possibility is to burn to a dvd which has 1-2gigs of space, but then you have to consider how you can play it
0 Replies

djburton

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 07:55 am
thanks a ton =)

Have a good day!!!
0 Replies