Updates - New Postings since last visit

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 12:17 pm
On a couple of occasions I've entered the site -- and began running through the new postings since last visit list.

I'm use to simply clicking on the X at the top of the page to end a session -- but if I do that before I've finished the list of new postings -- it seems lost forever.

Is there a way to retreive it -- or do I simply have to be more careful?

I hope my question is clear!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 12:34 pm
frank, if you stick to using your "back" arrow you will retain your listing on new postings.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 01:16 pm
I know that, dys.

But I am a clod.

Any advice for an acknowledged clod?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 01:53 pm
yeah frank, sleep late and prosper as Mr Spock said.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 02:08 pm
ADVICE, n. The smallest current coin.

"The man was in such deep distress,"
Said Tom, "that I could do no less
Than give him good advice." Said Jim:
"If less could have been done for him
I know you well enough, my son,
To know that's what you would have done."
--Jebel Jocordy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 04:21 pm
Frank,

I plan to alter that feature or make a new one that would solve the problem of logging off before the new posts have been viewed. But I'm going to move this site to a new host so this needs to wait a bit.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 04:37 pm
Frank Apisa- When I first became involved in A2K, that used to drive me nuts. But I came up with a fix that has worked well for me.

Go to your start menu> settings>control panel> internet options> advanced> UNCHECK "reuse windows for launching shortcuts">apply>ok.

Let's say that you are reading the unread posts, and you want to go to another site. Don't "X" out A2K, MINIMIZE it. The page will sit on the bottom of your computer, ready to go back where you left off. The only pain, is that ALL the pages that you go to will be sitting on the bottom of your computer. When you want to remove them, all you need to do is right click the page name that is sitting on the bottom of your computer., and then left click close.

I found this tactic particularly useful when I wanted to research a Q, and had to go to another page. Before I put in the "fix", when I came back, the "view posts since your last visit" had gone down.

Naturally, if you turn off the computer completely before reading all the posts that you want, the #s will go back. When I have inadvertently done that Embarrassed I find that scanning "view posts from the last 24 hours is helpful. I just keep reading, until something looks familiar!
0 Replies