Spysweeper trial version reg key-need to delete it

amazon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 11:06 am
I want to know how to remove the Spysweeper trial version key from my registry so I can download it again. I love that program, but cannot use it anymore unless I pay for it. Sad I have run the RegCleaner program, but I can't seem to find the associated key. Just like any of the other trial versions, once you have downloaded it once and it has expired, then if you try and download it again it picks up that you have done it once before and it has expired. I am told that you can delete this key and download it again, I am just looking for someone who knows how to do this. If anyone can help, that would be so AWESOME and greatly appreciated!!
Michelle
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,070 • Replies: 5
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 03:29 pm
I doubt you'll find anyone here interested in assistin' someone perpetrate a fraud.
0 Replies

inspiration

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 02:59 pm
Why not use a different spyware remover? I heard spybot is pretty good. I switched from spysweeper to spybot myself.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:39 pm
There's discussion and opinion all over the map as to which anti-adware/spyware apps are best. The bottom line is that no one app is perfect, and that no commercial app has been proven more effective than common combinations of the leadin' free apps.

LavaSoft's AdAware, PepiMK Software/SaferNetworking's Spybot S&D (with Javacool Software's Spyware Blaster also installed), Microsoft's Antispyware, and Bill P Studio's Winpatrol all have different features, functions, strong points, and weak points.

IMO, use any 2 or 3 of them in combination, properly configured, updated, and deployed, be a wise, wary webuser, and all-in-all, your level of protection will be equal to or greater than that provided by any anti-adware/spyware app you hafta pay for.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:01 pm
I use LavaSoft's AdAware and Spybot. Spybot even offers a download of a small program to completely remove itself. As Timber said, they all have differences. What one picks up another may not and vice versa.

If you really like Spysweeper - buy it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:27 pm
I should mention the free version of AdAware is a scan-and-remove app only; it provides no real-time monitorin', alerts, or blockin'. It should be used to back up one or more of the others.
0 Replies