CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE! URGENT

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 07:42 pm
Not gettin' down on ya or anything like that, teenyboone, but your question really isn't related to this discussion at all; if you'd like help, it prolly would be better to open a new topic for your particular issue.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 09:13 pm
Teeny, hope someone can give you good advice because i'm not a computer expert. I celebrate when copy/paste works. Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 09:36 pm
Heck, I'm happy if nothin' catches fire Mr. Green

A Sparks And Smoke Error is usually a real bear to recover from Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 09:42 pm
Yes, teeny, we do open new threads here for particular problems. If you need help to open a thread, just yell, and we'll help.

As a Mac owner, I don't usually have sparks, but have to undergo general scorn....
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 09:47 pm
Teeny knows we're joking with her, osso.

Thanks for the offer and suggestion though.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 10:05 pm
Timber, does a window appear before or after the mushroom cloud. Laughing

Teeny, read my post to you at the Roost. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 10:15 pm
okayyyyyyyyyy.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 05:55 pm
osso, Teeny was adviced - " buy a MAC!"

no scorn here
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:12 pm
smiling...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 08:51 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Not gettin' down on ya or anything like that, teenyboone, but your question really isn't related to this discussion at all; if you'd like help, it prolly would be better to open a new topic for your particular issue.

Cool I have absolutely NO clue! Just as I was reading this, the dreaded "black screen" came up, fizzled, and in my case, I pressed the return button. IE6, closed, Netscape opened. I'll assume someone is having a RAM and hardware problem. Mine is strictly software with some missing or corrupt files. Right, I should open a thread. SB has a thread similar, but no posts recently. Going to go back to about.com. Lots of info there. Sorry!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:43 pm
Teeny, try compiling a list of the computer problems in sequence. Might be easier finding solutions if there's more information, ie: What programs running when the problems begin, etc.

You can post the list here or at sb, and I can transfer the list <if you'd like to begin a new thread> or give instructions about beginning a new thread at both sites.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:47 pm
Beginning a new thread is a cinch.
Simply click on new topic at the top of this page.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:52 pm
Teeney, see those color-formatted words down in the Signature area at the bottom of all my posts? The red words are a direct link to the A2K FAQ, the blue ones take ya right to the A2K Help Forum. Anytime you have a question about how somethin' here on the site works, those are great resources to check for answers and solutions.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 04:05 am
Stradee wrote:
Teeny, try compiling a list of the computer problems in sequence. Might be easier finding solutions if there's more information, ie: What programs running when the problems begin, etc.

You can post the list here or at sb, and I can transfer the list <if you'd like to begin a new thread> or give instructions about beginning a new thread at both sites.

Sorry I'm so late doing this. My computer has already crashed this morning. Blue screen! I press return or enter and the old screen comes back up. I just ran a spysweeper, to no avail. My software has lost some of its certification, so I should really purchase new software, like XP or buy a new PC. Running 98, plain. This version came with the PC 5 years ago. I think my computer is dying a natural death. Having worked in R&D, PC's were replaced every 2 years or upgraded. Not having this kind of ready cash, I would do well to go ahead and replace this machine or get an expert to come out and diagnose this illness. Have reloaded software and not all of it works now. Some certificates have expired and won't reload. don't ask why. PC runs very fast on startup then eventually slows to a crawl, then suddenly the screen kills, crashes, etc. t's a real bummer, but I hope to replace my equipment soon. Desktops are cheap now so I'll be able to replace. Thanks ever so much for your concern. I really appreciate it.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:05 pm
Not a problem, Teeny.

Purchasing a new PC may be the best idea. You'll find the new technology much easier - especially Windows XP. The new software will probably include firewall protection with the anti-virus program, and the isp includes e mail spam blockers.

You'll be all set! Very Happy
0 Replies