[closed]Annoying Ad

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:27 pm
I know that ads keep A2K up and running for us but can we get rid of the sound? That "Shoot the paparazzi and get a $250 gift card" ad is loud and annoying. I don't want to have to turn off my speakers while on A2K (I listen to music) but it is so bad I can't stand it anymore! Please and thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,297 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 03:31 pm
Bella Dea, I turned my volume to "mute." The peace is heavenly. LOL
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:02 pm
i always have a CD playing when i'm on A2k -- i've never heard the audio on these ads...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:25 am
Ads got audio?!?!? Shocked

Huh.

Well, I'm with RP ... never noticed 'em. Always have music or news goin'.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:27 am
Anybody besides me want to shoot that damn clown?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 05:58 am
I have developed "tunnel vision", when it comes to A2K ads. I look straight ahead, and seldom see what's on the periphery. And I have NEVER heard music.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:08 am
Ya know, the thought occurs ... ya pretty much get - and have a right to gripe about - whatchya pay for. Whatever else may be said, A2K provides its users a helluva lot more entertainment and other utility than it charges 'em for, IMO.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:11 am
Sound? OH NO! I've gone deaf!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:15 am
Last time there was a pain in the ass add on the side of the screen, I learned to keep my mouse off of it.
One time, maybe 3 mos ago? there was this little blue guy at the top of the screen that if you hovered your cursor over it, he squealed like an alien pig. SCARED me because I didnt know where it was coming from.
By the time I figured it out , my daughter was loving that horrid sound.. so I had to play it over, and over, and over again until she found something else to love.
NOW.. my cursor stays in the middle of the screen.
Scary ads I tell ya.........
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:20 am
These ads are now all over the internet...the one with the cockroaches, gives me the shivers! I try not to let them bother me too muchÂ…I just turn the speakers off. As for A2K, I think it's a small price to pay to enjoy this forum.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:22 am
shewolfnm - Keep your cursor away from the top of the A2K screen. Once it happened to me, and it scared the sh!t out of me! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
The problem was (is) that I don't DO anything and the ad still clicks like a shutter....AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Drives me crazy!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
colorbook wrote:
As for A2K, I think it's a small price to pay to enjoy this forum.

I know. I won't complain too loudly. I know that's what keeps us here! Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:51 am
AK!
I remember that add. Thos cockroaches were AWFUL.
The fuinniest ones I see now are the ones where you have to ' kiss' someone to win.
Like the one where Brad Pitt is running down the street and you have to ' kiss' him to win...
There is another one with Johnny Depp's head riding a horse, and you have tp try to kiss him as he is riding across the screen.
Those are FUNNY! It is almost a guilty pleasure to try to do it, but if I click on that dang thing, i will get 10,000 pop ups and spam for as far as the eye can see
0 Replies