polygamy a "minor" offense?

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:34 pm
back to topic if no one objects, the issue in Utah that prompted this topic was minor children being married off for what was stated as "religious beliefs" its my understanding that this bill does not deal with the issue of polygamy pre se.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 03:05 pm
I just watched a program on this so thought i'd search for the topic.

Brilliant quote from this guy defending his lifestyle (16 wives):
'People who criticise me for my lifestyle, or assume I do not have respect for my wives miss out on one vital truth: More women enter into these forms of relationships than men.'

Fair play I say.
roger

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 03:41 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

'People who criticise me for my lifestyle, or assume I do not have respect for my wives miss out on one vital truth: More women enter into these forms of relationships than men.'

A textbook example of circular reasoning, if I ever saw one. I do think this is what you were trying to point out, PQ.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 09:11 am
@roger,
Wink
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Important to differentiate between a cult's practices as with FLDS and others doing forced marriages, and actual polygamy (or more precisely polygany (note the 'n'))

Polygany is where a man may have multiple wives and is usually what's being discussed.

Polygamy is where men may have multiple wives, but wives may also have multiple husbands. A much more natural and mature situation.
0 Replies