Ranking of able2know

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:18 pm
@rosborne979,
Quite a few know it's intrusive, but supporting themselves and family takes priority. I get that part.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:28 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Quite a few know it's intrusive, but supporting themselves and family takes priority. I get that part.

I get that part too. That's why it's painful to watch. Their job is to call, mine is to hang up. Just business.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:54 pm
@rosborne979,
Hanging up is easy, but sometimes you have to call the support number for credit card and software support. I don't care how well they score on written exams. I want to talk to someone who I can understand on the phone.
Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:05 pm
@roger,
Try having associates internal to your company that are overseas. Most of our internal helpdesk is from India. When you call it is a crap shoot on how well the individual will be able to communicate with you. That is step one - step two is does that person even know how to handle the situation.

In one case, it was apparent that this helpdesk person was ready straight from a manual to assist me in resolving a problem. I asked him point blank - do you really understand my issue or are you just following steps that are outlined for you? I told him it was ok if you do not understand - I just need to know (basically to see if I should just hang up and try to get someone else or not) - he answered yes he understood.

Obviously he didn't because after an hour of going through his steps outlined on a piece of paper - he had to write up a "ticket". Which means it goes to someone who actually knows how to do their job. Hours later when I got someone local to call me back via the ticket - my problem was resolved, I also told him about my experience and he said - they are trained to just "yes" you and not tell you the truth.

Thus I now call them the helpless desk.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:09 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
I want to talk to someone who I can understand on the phone.

now that's where it gets interesting

I find the Indian helpdesk folks easier to understand than most we get in the US - maybe not more helpful - but understandable
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:12 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Most of our internal helpdesk is from India.

yeah
pretty much all we've had for about a decade now
a poster here used to work for a company we used. always prayed I wouldn't get her on the line

now they've started outsourcing some claims handling jobs there. I don't see it going well. claims handlers in the US don't understand our laws (our US vps's don't understand our laws). I don't see how people on another continent are going to do this. we already pulled back some of the credit card claims work - but the auto stuff is still out there
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Fortunately, I don't need to call the help desk because most of our "problems" is about Apple products, and they have a store at Valley Fair SC in San Jose with very good assistants. If anybody plans a trip here to Northern California, we can take you to the Apple campus where they have their products and a view of the space ship campus. They're building a huge campus in our city that's much larger than the campus in Cupertino.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:37 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

now they've started outsourcing some claims handling jobs there. I don't see it going well. claims handlers in the US don't understand our laws (our US vps's don't understand our laws). I don't see how people on another continent are going to do this. we already pulled back some of the credit card claims work - but the auto stuff is still out there

You ain't kidding - we recently had an accident - long story short - the car was a lease and it was totaled. I was told that the leasing company would handle the cancel of registration and that they did not want the licence plates - I could not cancel the registration because the leasing company owned the vehicle.

Anyone - I get a letter saying that they need me to send them the proof of cancellation of the registration and I am paying car insurance until that happens. What the f---. I easily look up on my states RMV that they need to cancel and you do not need to turn in the plates - just recycle them.

So I get someone on the phone who insists I need to do this - I read directly from the RMV website the instructions and explain I do not have your TIN and I legally cannot cancel the registration - I told them - this is YOUR job you need to know how to do this. How can I someone who does not work in the leasing/insurance business easily figure this out but you who has worked in this business for x number of years do not know how to do their job.

I managed to get them off their butts and do their job.

Thanks for the rant - nothing irks me more than someone who cannot do something simple in their job - when someone with zero experience in the field can figure it out.

And yes they were within the US.
Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:40 pm
But to talk of those overseas associates - like some here there are good and bad ones. The worst I find are the ones who talk so fast you do not know what the hell they are saying.

I mean I am from the northeast where everyone says we talk too fast. They do not even have English as their first language and talk so fast I have to say you need to slow down.

The stronger individuals have learned how to communicate clearer and speak clearly and in a way you can follow. Some of the good ones - are really really good.

The bad ones - are terrible - and there is little in between.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 03:47 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
And yes they were within the US.

US auto insurance is its own crazy thing. Every state has such different laws. I had one case where the accident was in state 1, the two commercial vehicles involved were registered in states 2 and 3, the drivers were from states 4 and 5 (and had personal insurance in those states), one of the vehicles had insurance written in the US (state 2), the other in Canada. Took me 3 lawyers and 1 independent adjuster to figure out if there was any coverage anywhere for the guy who'd been killed. Someone with a manual is not going to be able to figure that out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:43 pm
@ehBeth,
No witnesses or police report?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The police report is how we started to discover the jurisdictional issues.

In no-fault states, liability generally doesn't matter for first-party benefits.
In the no-fault state involved, the driver had to drive for the insured party for a certain amount of time before coverage kicked in.
etc
etc
etc
there were exclusions in every state that was involved in this case
0 Replies