House of Sand and Fog

stuh505

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 12:29 pm
I read this book a while back...it was pretty good. Just recently saw the movie, it was great. It pretty much follows the book exactly. The characters all look and acted exactly how I imagined them from the book. The biggest divergence is not in the story but in the artistic cinematography of the movie. You see a lot of fog too -- they were definitely trying to play on the title. But basically...it's a very emotional and sad movie...and very good acting
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 684 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:32 pm
I saw it recently. It was so tragic, and wonderfully acted!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:58 pm
It really was a great and tragic film. It's so frustrating when a situation has no possible outcome by which all can be happy. The film and particularly the performers won several awards.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315983/awards
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:06 pm
yeah, pretty sad...it made me cry

I wasn't sure how realistic the legal situation was though, I didn't really understand why she turned down the lawyer's offer to sue the county...seems like they would have at least given her money to buy a new house, or a new house, or given back the old one
0 Replies