CUSTOM CELL PHONE RINGS

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:21 am
My cell phone plays revelie. It gets my attention as "ANSWER NOW" . I use it alot cause most phone rings that people choose sound like elevator music.
Theres usually a little syncopated beat and a bunch of electronic tunes that just get louder till the table full of teachers nearest me , realize
"OHHH, tee hee, is that my phone?"
meanwhile the earworm of that stupid sound is embedded deeply in my skull and is already having larvae.

SO, I heard a custom ring the other day and wondered whether anybody has any good ones theyve heard. The one I heard was
A RING OF AN OLD FASHIONED TELEPHONE
you know, just rinnnnnng-rinnnnng. I thought that was tres cool
Any other phone rings worthy of downloading and capturing?

I had the "Ode to joy" for a while but I found myself just letting it ring longer cause I,ike the tune.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,412 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:49 am
I once spent a lot of time checking out ringtones. I ended up with the default Cingular Sound, which is clear, insistent, and gets louder as it rings.

My brother was waxing rhapsodic about the "Mission Impossible" ringtone. It sounded great on my computer, but was disappointing on the phone. Must be 'cause I don't have much of a subwoofer on my cellphone! Laughing

My suggestion is to go to your cellphone companies' website. listen to a number of rings. IMO, the rings that are mostly in the midrange area, will probably sound the best on your phone!

I had once considered Chopin's Funeral March, but I thought, that since I live in a senior development, that it would not be appropriate! Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:18 am
Re: CUSTOM CELL PHONE RINGS
farmerman wrote:
I had the "Ode to joy" for a while but I found myself just letting it ring longer cause I,ike the tune.

Likewise.

About a year or so ago I changed to "Hava Nagila" (my F-I-L's cancer had returned, and he found his religion -- Orthodox Judaism -- as a result, so I did so as a small tribute).

Plus I like the words -- even though I don't know most of them.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:42 am
I'm an absolute rebel.

Mine rings, like a phone.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:01 am
Mine too. I wouldn't like to have music blasting
from my cell phone, as it mostly rings at unappropriate
times anyway Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:40 am
I like the ones that sound like a real telephone. That makes sense. Mine sounds like a train -- a "woo-ooo-woo" whistle & chugging -- it's corny.

A while back I'd gone to town to pick up a new phone. It rang while I was on the longish drive home, but the ringer (unbeknownst to me) was some very cool jazz.

I naturally thought it was the radio & tried to turn it up.

The radio wasn't even on! Was I going nuts? Was I receiving radio signals in my teeth fillings? Then the music stopped. This was even more alarming. Was this a UFO just above my head?? I was totally freaked for about 30 seconds. Luckily, the phone rang again & my brain finally registered what it was.

<unsafe at any speed>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:07 pm
Phoenix--

Quote:
I had once considered Chopin's Funeral March, but I thought, that since I live in a senior development, that it would not be appropriate

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls....
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
Ok, ok, I admit - I have 'Feel' by Robbie Williams as my ringtone at the moment. And yes, from time to time, I think 'Oh, somebody's playing Robbie Williams...' until it gets really loud and I realize it's my phone.

My phone also has a very nice ringtone. It's a female voice singing the words 'ring ring ring - ring ring ring - riiiiiiiiiing riiing ring ring ring'.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:13 pm
Ive got A RING OF AN OLD FASHIONED TELEPHONE since a couple of months/years.

<Robbie Williams must be an Ursula-defect>
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:20 pm
I LOVE Robbie Williams! :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:35 pm
Both Ursula's can sit here then (in May) and e.g. watch the dvd's, while the others are doing something more serious.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:36 pm
Yes, yes!!!!! My favourite DVD for cleaning - What we did last summer - RW live at Knebworth!!! In Dolby Surround!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:40 pm
All here Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:41 pm
WAlter, Im such a Luddite> I first heard that "Old Fashioned" phone ring on a cell phone the other day. It made me smileby reminding me of the huge black dial phone we had as a kid . This had a ring tone like a school bell and I thought that "THIS IS ONE < I MUST HAVE".
Im on verizon, Ill have to check to see whether theres a web site with some downloadable ring tones.

A train whistle would be cool too.
Youve gotta agree that most of the muusic on the cells is really sappy.
or maybe a mules bray. Hey, I think I have the most sponsored links in any communication to date
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:45 pm
I thought nearly the same as you did, farmerman, and downloaded it at once. (I really would like the fog horn of a ship as ringtone Laughing )
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:48 pm
I'm with Phoenix, I want a sub-woofer sound on my cell phone, or, surround sound.

Am I being picky?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:17 pm
paulaj- No, you are not being picky. The new cellphones do everything but cook dinner. I think that a good, tight, low end is not too much to ask!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:38 pm
Ooooh. A FOG HORN... cool, Walter.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 04:05 pm
Howabout a deep voice like LURCH, saying
"Answer the phone"
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:57 pm
Farmer, I've pictured you to have a deep voice (lol) Not Lurch-deep, but somewhat deep, it must be your avatar.
0 Replies