CUSTOM CELL PHONE RINGS

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:28 pm
I love the Merle Haggard Version of.."Think I'll just stay here and drink". But I can't seem to get it downloaded on my phone, so I just have the old fashioned ring-ring...I seem to answer it. I had the Chinese Melody going and seem to catch myself bobbing my head and humming it before I'd realize that it was my phone..ha. But I love the songs......
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 01:35 am
Quote:
Monday March 28, 2005

WHAT'S YOUR RINGTONE?

The ring on your mobile phone could speak volumes about the type of person you are, according to a new survey.

Research has been carried out into the different mobile rings and what each one represents.

Women should be wary of any man that has rude or animal sounds emanating from his phone - especially the popular Crazy Frog - as it shows the man to be little more than a boy.

Those fashionistas who have the latest charts hit as their personalised tone may believe they are always in vogue but such constant changing indicates an unreliable character.

People who opt for the old fashioned ring tone think they are ever so high-brow but may end up coming across as pretentious.

Ageing rockers are not left out of the study, unimpressed with the latest tunes, they will opt for polyphonic versions of My Generation and More Than a Feeling.

If a mobile user has recordings of them or their partner or child, the survey suggests they be more than a little self-obsessed.

On the other hand, the standard tones could mean a lack of daring or even an aversion to technology.

The research, carried out by Tesco Mobile, showed that 21% of those questioned thought having a standard ringtone was "uncool".

Of the 1,000 people surveyed, 25% said the first thing they did on acquiring a new phone was to personalise the ring tone.

But for 66%, they had got so annoyed with someone else's choice of mobile tone that they had either switched off the phone or asked the owner to do so.
Source
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:43 am
The thing that amazes me is that anyone would do research on this
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:39 am
farmerman wrote:
Howabout a deep voice like LURCH, saying
"Answer the phone"

or "You Rang?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:40 am
My friend has a police siren for a ring tone and it startled quite a few bar patrons while we were outside on the patio cadging a smoke.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 08:33 am
mine is one of those annoying rings...I have the Soprano's theme song. Embarrassed
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 08:35 am
uhhhh whaddya do for the words? do we singalong?

EVERYBODY< LETS SING ALONG TO THE SOPRANOS
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 08:38 am
farmerman wrote:
uhhhh whaddya do for the words? do we singalong?

EVERYBODY< LETS SING ALONG TO THE SOPRANOS

no words....just the music. or what music you can make with the cell phone sound.
0 Replies

nataliel

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:06 am
ring ring ring tone
urs53 wrote:
Ok, ok, I admit - I have 'Feel' by Robbie Williams as my ringtone at the moment. And yes, from time to time, I think 'Oh, somebody's playing Robbie Williams...' until it gets really loud and I realize it's my phone.

My phone also has a very nice ringtone. It's a female voice singing the words 'ring ring ring - ring ring ring - riiiiiiiiiing riiing ring ring ring'.

Where did you get your ring ring ring tone from?? I have heard it and want it for my phone!

Thanks
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:46 am
nataliel, the ring ring is one of my phone's standard tones. It's a Sony Ericsson K750 i.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:23 am
Nobody has mentioned that lovely feature available on some phones where you can assign different rings to different numbers.

My phone does a wolf whistle when my wife calls.

My wife suggested a funeral dirge for my mother-in-law.
0 Replies