Could Mohammed add up?

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:12 pm
No I'm not smorgs, and in any case I'm on a diet.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:41 pm
er, ebrown, I am going to have to have you beaten very badly....

I've been singing that damned song all day..................

Joe(Songs are like tatoos)Nation
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:52 am
Removing the misconception
Quote:

How many days did it take to create the Heavens and the Earth?

Quran-7:54: Your guardian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-10:3: Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that Allah ( God) created the heavens and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below state

Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS...

Quran-41:12: So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and ...

Now do the math: 2 (for earth) + 4 (for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:53 am
"Allah"Allah is telling us that in course of time, there will emerge unbelievers who will make use of this apparent contradiction."

I didn't say I didn't believe, I just asked if Mohammed could add up.

So how many days = 1 epoch? Lets at least get the units right.

"Allah says in the beginning of this verse that those who exploit this information contained in this passage to raise doubts about its authenticity are equally interested in promulgating blasphemy and denying His unity."

So if you point out what appears to be a simple logical error, you are equally guilty of blasphemy?

ok forget the addition, it REALLY REALLY is not important.

How do you answer the contradiction between free will and predestination?

Free Will or Predestination?

from http://www.secularislam.org/guide/contradictions.htm

The omnipotence of God is everywhere asserted in the Koran; man's will is totally subordinate to God's will to the extent that man cannot be said to have a will of his own. Even those who disbelieve in Him, disbelieve because it is God who wills them to disbelieve. This leads to the Muslim doctrine of predestination which prevails over the doctrine of man's free-will, also to be found in the Koran. As Macdonald says, " the contradictory statements of the Kuran on free-will and predestination show that Muhammad was an opportunist preacher and politician and not a systematic theologian."

Note these are not my original ideas so please dont threaten me with fatwah or the like.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
Quote:
No I'm not smorgs, and in any case I'm on a diet.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:36 am
0 Replies

atmsktr4

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:59 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
... and is the implication there is another PERFECT AND ABSOLUTE word of God that doesn't contain such obvious mistakes?

It seems to me that relying on any book as the perfect and absolute word of God is foolish.

not to be rude or anything, but the Qur'an is one of the only holy books that is directly from god. most other Holy books are translated from their original language so they are not completely accurate. Also back around Mohammed's time they had to write each copy manually so it could have been that the mistake was made there.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
atmsktr4 wrote:

not to be rude or anything, but the Qur'an is one of the only holy books that is directly from god. most other Holy books are translated from their original language so they are not completely accurate. Also back around Mohammed's time they had to write each copy manually so it could have been that the mistake was made there.

Welcome to a2k atmsktr4. Are you saying God's language is Arabic, and hence non Arabic speakers misunderstand him? If a non Arabic speaker suddenly starts repeating words he does not understand and these turn out to be Arabic, can we assume it is in fact God speaking?

If the Koran dates from the time of Mohammed, why are there no Koranic texts earlier than about 850 AD? Did the early Muslims have so little respect for the very earliest Islamic texts as handed down to them from Mohammed, that they lost them or discarded them? Why does nothing from the time of Mohammed exist?
0 Replies

atmsktr4

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:19 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
atmsktr4 wrote:

Welcome to a2k atmsktr4. Are you saying God's language is Arabic, and hence non Arabic speakers misunderstand him? If a non Arabic speaker suddenly starts repeating words he does not understand and these turn out to be Arabic, can we assume it is in fact God speaking?

If the Koran dates from the time of Mohammed, why are there no Koranic texts earlier than about 850 AD? Did the early Muslims have so little respect for the very earliest Islamic texts as handed down to them from Mohammed, that they lost them or discarded them? Why does nothing from the time of Mohammed exist?

we just learned about it in my world history class, and that's what the movie said
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 05:25 am
muslim1 wrote:

Yet he never does. Why not? Supposing its not an stupid grown man punching a wall but an innocent child running in pure joy straight towards that plate glass door not realising it to be there? Will Allah make the door disappear? He has the power to do so according to you. No the child slams into the glass which breaks blinding and disfiguring her for life. Yet God could have made the glass disappear. He did not. He, according to your version of things, was content to allow the child to be badly injured. Is God not the all merciful as you say? Or did he not notice the child, in which case he is not omniscient? Or could he not move the glass, in which case he his not omnipotent? Or perhaps for that little girl and her parents, he did not exist?
0 Replies