Where is East?

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:15 pm
@Setanta,
Zoroastrianism is the oldest religion in the world that is still in practice.

It would have even more adherents if Islam had not denied Zoroastrians citizenship and the right to own land.

That is one quick way to try and expunge a competitor through religocide.

Google:
The religious tracts of Ancient Iran are known as the Avesta. Some of these are believed to have been composed by Zoroaster. ... It is quite possible to find verses in the oldest portion of the Avesta, which simply by phonetic substitutions according to established laws can be turned into intelligible Sanskrit.

Is avestan older than Sanskrit?
Both are early Iranian languages, a branch of the Indo-Iranian languages within the Indo-European family. ... As such, Old Avestan is quite close in grammar and lexicon with Vedic Sanskrit, the oldest preserved Indo-Aryan language.

What language do Zoroastrians speak?
Zoroastrian Dari (Persian: دری زرتشتی or گویش بهدینان‎ literally Behdīnān dialect) is a Northwestern Iranian ethnolect spoken as a first language by an estimated 8,000 to 15,000 Zoroastrians in and around the cities of Yazd and Kerman in central Iran, but until the 1880s was spoken by almost a million people in Central ...

Who spoke Sanskrit first?
It traces its linguistic ancestry to the Proto-Indo-Aryan language, Proto-Indo-Iranian and the Proto-Indo-European languages. Sanskrit is traceable to the 2nd millennium BCE in a form known as Vedic Sanskrit, with the Rigveda as the earliest-known composition.

Why is Hinduism not a religion?
Unlike other religions in the World, the Hindu religion does not claim any one Prophet, it does not worship any one God, it does not believe in any one philosophic concept, it does not follow any one act of religious rites or performances; in fact, it does not satisfy the traditional features of a religion or creed.

Thus Zoroastrianism is the oldest religion still in practice today.

As I said Zoroaster wrote down an oral tradition that may have reached back into prehistory. What was the religion did the earliest inhabitants of Jericho and Anatole? No one knows because it was oral and not written down.

The oldest fossils of anatomically modern humans found outside Africa are the Skhul and Qafzeh hominids, who lived in northern Israel 120,000 years ago. Around 10th millennium BCE, the Natufian culture existed in the area.

Excerpt:
But the ancient Iranian DNA was dramatically different from that of the western Anatolian farmers. The two groups of farmers, who lived about 2000 kilometers and 2000 years apart, must have descended from completely different groups of hunter-gatherers who separated 46,000 to 77,000 years ago, Burger says.

Zoroastrians, who practice Iran’s ancient religion, still carry DNA from the earliest farmers in the Zagros Mountains. VAHID SALEMI/ASSOCIATED PRESS

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/07/worlds-first-farmers-were-surprisingly-diverse

Still not buying it?

Comment:
Did these ancient farmers pay tribute to Abraham or did they worship the earth as do the Zoroastrians?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:30 pm
No, I'm not buying it. The Zagros Mountains are the highlands that separate modern Iraq from Iran. That was a long way in those ancient times from Sumeria.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:31 pm
Does this mean that you've now given up the Meso-American hypothesis, anda are switching to an Indo-Iranian origin?
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:43 pm
@Setanta,
Excerpt:
By using a new method that looks at patterns of inheritance of chunks of DNA, Hellenthal found that the early Zagros Mountain farmers have left a genetic legacy in Pakistanis, Afghans, and others, particularly in Zoroastrians in Iran.

Comment
Sumeria traded with China, India and Africa, that is a long way too.

Sumeria may have been started by a different genetic people than Zoroastrians but that does not mean the Zoroastrians and their religion do not predate them.

I am not disagreeing with you Set I am just digging.

It seems logical that a monotheistic religion particularly venerating the earth would possibly predate polytheism. It is possible and DNA seems to corroborate this idea. The language spoken by Zoroastrians may likewise predate that of the Sumerians... The Sumerians did more with their language during the bronze age but that in itself does not make it older or "greater". It just means the Sumerians were perhaps more ruthless and/or aggressive (less harmonious and peaceful).

Also given the geographic distance and mountainous region this clearly also spared the Zoroastrians and their DNA from complete annihilation by the Sumerians.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:55 pm
@TheCobbler,
You cannot get around the fact that Sumeria arose more than 1500 years before Zoroastrianism. Why do you try? Pakistan and Afghanistan are east of the Zagros Mountains. Sumeria is southwest and later, west of the Zagros Mountains. The Sumerian civilization as a pacific culture, they didn't do annihilation. It was only when a Semitic people, the Akkadians, took over that they got kings and armies.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:00 pm
@Setanta,
Considering there were aborigines found in Mesoamerica nothing is off the table there.

The Legacy of Mesoamerica: History and Culture of a Native American Civilization
Modern biological studies reveal that the Mesoamericans share important genetic features with Asian peoples. Nevertheless,
the aboriginal Mesoamericans also had external physical features that differentiated them genetically from the Asians,
as, for example, high frequencies of the convex nose type, absence of the mongoloid eye fold, and presence of wavy hair.
Studies of genetically linked blood types have revealed that the aboriginal Mesoamericans lacked the Blood Type B
found among Asians, and perhaps they were universally Blood Type O. This finding suggests that the Mesoamericans
had long been separated from their distant relatives in Asia and that they were biologically rather homogeneous.

https://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Mesoamerica-History-American-Civilization/dp/0130492922
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:02 pm
@Setanta,
What is the oldest oral tradition?

Aboriginal folklore could be oldest accurate oral history in the world: Stories of ancient sea level rise have survived for 10,000 years. Traditional stories passed down through generations by Australian Aborigines may be among the oldest accurate oral histories in the world, scientists have claimed. Jan 28, 2015

Comment:
And you don't think the Zoroastrians could have kept an oral tradition alive for a couple thousand years in the mountains of Iran alongside their farming practices?
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:12 pm
@TheCobbler,
Don't twist what I'm saying. Don't preach to me as though you possess expert knowledge.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:18 pm
@TheCobbler,
What is the roots of the Sumerian religion?

Was it devised by Gilgamesh or was it written down (as was Zoroastrianism) from an earlier oral tradition?

How old was that Sumerian oral tradition?

Just because an oral tradition is written down in a certain year does not make it younger. The same goes for the oral traditions of Mesoamerica.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:19 pm
@Setanta,
Now you are becoming arrogant and pissy.

Ditto.

My father was a sea captain on supertankers and traveled the world. The Persian gulf, India, Alaska... his piloting license was 11 pages long. My mother read over a million books in her lifetime.

I am almost 60 years old. Stop condescending to me it is unbecoming and desperate.

If you cannot back up your theories with google than you become volatile, I haven't got time for this kind of baser discourse.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:22 pm
You're the one who's getting pissy. Your speculations would carry a good deal more weight if you were to actually educate yourself.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:26 pm
@Setanta,
You are the one who has the closed mind.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 10:55 pm
@TheCobbler,
What a snotty creep--go piss up a rope. I just don't swallow bullshit; come up with some evidence for your speculation, and show that you've done your homework, and I might have some respect for you.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 12:21 am
Janis the is a two faced God, one face sees the past and one face sees the future. One face is old and one is young, one sees the old world and one sees the new world.

But life often requires that we have three faces, one that sees the present and how the past influences the present state so as to change the course of future events.

It is not enough to see east and west but one must also perceive north and south.

Life is not two dimensional, it is not only length and width but it also has depth. Three vectors X, Y and Z three faces that see in all directions both forward and backward.

Some may argue there are fourth and fifth dimensions etc...

Perception is often one sided and like the goldfish whose only perception is the pond and can only see above the surface by speculation and abstract reasoning.

Thus it is the abstract that opens the dimensions within and without. The microbial world cannot be seen by the naked eye.

Does a plane have height, does a point have dimensions, can parallel lines ever exist in the real world and does pi repeat? Can a circle ever be accurately and precisely measured and by looking at light does it change into something else other than what it is? How can we truly know anything without imagination and speculation?

Just because we can speculate does not make our speculations real or true but it opens the mind to doubt what we see. For what we see is not always what truly is.

When we look at train tracks the eyes tell us that in the distance they converge. The eyes lie... Likewise when we look back and ahead the past and future converge. This is why a third face is required to parse the understanding and logic of the present. The past reaches back to infancy and the future reaches beyond our own existence. How can we learn from that?

Certainty is the best argument for doubt.

Some equations have two correct answers and it is futile to try and prove otherwise.

Facts change, statistics can be skewed, but truth... What exactly is truth when we rely on our flawed senses to ascertain truth?

Our senses can be wrong. Some truth can only be seen by the third face.

This enigma is the very definition of mystery...
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 12:26 am
@Setanta,
Another arrogant post with no substance, bitter and worthless; a waste of time.

Your respect is suspect and self-serving.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 12:56 am
Truth is objective and subjective.

It all depends on what perspective you measure truth from, each perspective can have a different result.

One is measured from within and one is measured from without.

One is observable truth and one is perceived truth.

One truth is world centered and one truth is object centered.

Each truth is quantized on a different scale.
Setanta

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:36 am
@TheCobbler,
You make nasty remarks, you pontificate on subjects about which you are clearly uninformed, and then you call me names for what I have posted. I'm not going to try to be civil any longer. You're ignorant, opinionated (those two seem to go hand-in-hand), a would-be bully, and you treat this site as though it were a personal blog site. You don't participate in other people's threads, you just start a thread of your own. You're an online parasite here, you're not a member of the community. Added to that, though, is your hilarious day-dreaming about the subjects of which you are so, so ignorant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:37 am
@TheCobbler,
That's the kind of horseshit one would expect from a pompous jackass--and one who can't face up to or take steps to cure his own ignorance.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:36 am
Set you are on ignore and your diatribe has gone unread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 01:45 pm
How nice. When you post bullshit here, I'll still come along to point out that it's bullshit. Don't call me Set, only my friends call me that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where is East?
  3. » Page 15
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:23:31