Where is East?

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:20 pm
Monotheism claims to have one God but that God has many faces.

Once face is objective and one is subjective.

Once face is omnipotent and one face is omniscient and one face is omnipresent.

Can these three faces all exist in the same being when each facet requires a different quantitative scale of measurement?

Can a being be both almighty and personal?

Does this not present a dilemma with monotheism?

Can the creator create themself?

Can a creator be their own parent?

Can an observer become an object of observation?

Can the all encompassing everything also micromanage?

Can the quantitative also be qualitative?

Can the infinite also be finite and the extremes also be the means?

Can the perimeter also be the center and the circumference be the diameter?

Can we be inside and outside at the same time?

Can we self create and prexist our own beginning?

What is a beginning, birth and transition from one state into another?

Does God grow and evolve?

If we are images of God and we evolve, is God not evolving also?

Like a wind and spirit that is invisible but still exists but is imperceptible beyond our ability to comprehend.

Does God contemplate the meaning of life?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:11 pm
@TheCobbler,
There was a Roman deity, Janus--you just can't seem to get anything right.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:10 pm
@Setanta,
I would rather misspell the name of a Roman god than be an ass...
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:34 pm
What does the Roman god Janus have to do with the Egyptian sphinx?
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
Alpha and omega and Janus? Does the Great Sphinx face east?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 12:17 am
Psalm 19:4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun,

Comment:
What is the, "tabernacle for the sun?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 05:59 am
@TheCobbler,
Oops, too late, you already are. I thought you were going to "put [me] on ignore."
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 07:53 am
@Setanta,
In all of your spelling prowess and your great and vast knowledge (that you so arrogantly boast about) you can't even answer the simple riddle (of the sphinx). "What is a tabernacle for the sun?"

It seems no one here knows the answer.

You Setanta, have failed.

I am sure you don't even care, and that is why you are so arrogant and unlearned.

My knowledge of this subject is vast, though there are those who know even more than I do. And some things I know that even my teachers don't know. And perhaps in some facets of this subject you are more knowledgeable than I. But you don't know the most vital elements.

Much worse than a spelling error... that might be forgivable.

Maybe you could learn to think before you speak and learn some humility but that might be beyond your scope of intelligence. Don't expect others to "learn" when you are so stunted and blunted yourself.
Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 07:59 am
@TheCobbler,
No, you silly ass, I was never obliged to answer your idiot questions. Are you really so naive as to think there ever actually was a sphinx?

You've got a gall to call anyone else arrogant and unlearned. You are appallingly ignorant, yet you run your mouth endlessly on topics about which you know nothing.

That wasn't a "spelling error" with Janus--that was pure native ignorance. I would have spotted that when I was ten years old, because I had actually read and understood the available material on Roman society. You, however, knowing next to nothing, can't wait to shoot your mouth off on so many, many topics of which you are, effectively, ignorant.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:01 am
@Setanta,
You own this failure and your ability to think is at the level of a child.

You could answer the riddle and spare yourself this "embarrassment and humiliation".

You don't know the answer... Simple. Your knowledge is unremarkable.
Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:07 am
@TheCobbler,
There is no failure. I am not obliged to submit to your attempts at schoolyard bullying. Your knowledge is nonexistent.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:09 am
The tabernacle for the sun is the zodiac. The sphinx faces east because the sun rises in the east.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:15 am
You believe in the so-called Zodiac? Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:23 am
@Setanta,
You respond with such an unlearned reaction.

The Hebrew scriptures are referring to the Zodiac.

Each constellation corresponds to one of the twelve tribes of Israel. The names of the stars in the zodiac are in Hebrew. Each constellation corresponds to a month in the Jewish calendar.

You display your vast ignorance.

Your knowledge of the ancients and the past is junk.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:38 am
That's pretty hilarious. The "constellations" exist only in the minds of superstitious and ignorant people. In every case, they are only apparent, and not real. Most of the stars alleged to form the constellations are light years apart. If one were not viewing them from this planet, they would not bear any relationship to one another at all. The so-called scripture of the Hebrews is the maundering of an ignorant, bronze age people who knew even less of the cosmos than you do, and that's saying a lot. For you to sneer at others because they don't share your superstitious fantasies is pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:40 am
How's that ignoring me lark working out for you?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:50 am
I didn't bother to read your response...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:52 am
Imagine my dismay Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 08:54 am
The constellation of Leo corresponds to the tribe of Judah and the constellation of Virgo corresponds to the month of Tishri.

Genesis 49:9
Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

Comment:
But where is the constellation of the sphinx?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:08 am
Tishrei (/ˈtɪʃreɪ/ or Tishri /ˈtɪʃriː/; Hebrew: תִּשְׁרֵי tishré or תִּשְׁרִי tishrí); from Akkadian tašrītu "Beginning", from šurrû "To begin") is the first month of the civil year (which starts on 1 Tishrei)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where is East?
  3. » Page 16
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:49:45