which to buy???

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 04:15 pm
i have an antiques console: nintendo 64! there has to be very few left in the world lol but im no major gaming person so it does for me. recently things have been going wrong and im thinking of investing in something new. there seems to be so much choice, playstation, gamecube, xbox etc. i dont want anything too fancy or overly expensive. Can anyone suggest anything suitable?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,166 • Replies: 10
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:39 am
I would be tempted to wait a while, both Playstation and XBox are about to release their new versions. I would wait until then and get the latest version, or pick up an old version for next to nothing.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
we;; it all depends on what kind of games you like to play... all three are great for the money though i would go with the xbox, i just think it ahs better graphics and better games. though like nighthawk said sony and microsoft are coming out with newer versions of the playstation and xbox, though these will cost a bit more. and if you want another 64 you can go to pretty much any electronce Boutique and pick up a used one for pretty much next to nothing.
0 Replies

Radical Edward

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 04:21 am
Hi!
If you're a 64 player, I recommend the Nintendo Game Cube.
Why?
1) Because you apparently have not been lobotomized by Sony, so you are still able to appreciate Nintendo Games
2) You'll find a game play that's close to the 64's
3) You'll find your 64 heroes (Link, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu... ^^)
4) It's cheap (in france it's 99€, I don't know the price in the states, but I think it's similar...)
5) It's solid and has no useless toys, like a DVD player that doesn't work (yes, I'm refering to the PS2).
0 Replies

insanity man

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:55 pm
i have a ps2 i personally would sujest it for a new consome and my ps2/dvd player works perfectly a lot better than my sisters dvd player shes allways buggin to use my ps2 to watch dvds if the dvd play didn't u should have took it back to the store
0 Replies

EndersGame

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 03:00 pm
I would get an xbox
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 03:43 pm
Xbox beats PS2 hands down. For the same price you get a system that requires no stupid memory card, has a far superior controller (personal opinion, but the ps2 is shite, and no they aren't even similar)

The only thing that would recommend the ps2 over the xbox is number of games. However, as the majority of the ps2 games are worthless anyway, that sort of makes it a moot point.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:00 pm
lol questioner

you've probably made adecision by now, but i'll have my say anyway

i'm gonna assume you're a nintendo fan, so...

wait and by the nintendo revolution, if nintendo is telling the truth the system will be able to down load and emulator for any nintendo system before it, and you can play all your fave games

the gamecube is a great nintendo system, the graphics are superb (certainly better than the ps2, and as good if not better at times than the xbox), no dvd function however

the xbox has the better graphics and some nice capabilities (built in hard drive, xbox live, dvd player)

the ps2 is a decent enough system and has a huge catalouge of games and doubles as a dvd player

i just bought the xbox 360, and it's a fantastic system, but not cheap
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:49 pm
Buy the xbox 360, the graphics are alot better, even though it costs more, it has alot more features, and you can even link to your computer to play music, non-ripped dvds, and slideshows.
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 04:17 pm
I would say if you want remade classics of what you already play with portability and price in mind, go with the gamecube. It beautifully remakes classics like smash bros and mario kart, as well as incorporates sports games like madden. If you are ready to take it to the next level, go with the XBOX. It makes addictive games such as Halo 2 and Splinter Cell that will have you going at them for weeks at a time.
Or if you want something revolutionary, wait until the PS3 or Wii (revolution) comes out (its name got changed) or at least wait till the 360 gets to about 300. its just too much to ask, $500 for a freakin console.
0 Replies

bendragonbrown

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 11:14 am
Wait till september/november time for when the Nintendo Wii comes out. With the virtual consoel you can continue playing N64 games (very cheaply), and experience the new wonders that come with the wii-mote.
0 Replies