Baby it’s cold inside

jcboy

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:50 pm
So, about a week ago our breaker keeps shutting off for our air conditioner. I called out an electrician and he replaces the breaker. He said the breaker seemed fine and said if it goes again it could be a problem with the air conditioner. Well it lasted about a week and started blowing out again.

We had a new air conditioner installed on Monday and it was working fine, only thing they forgot to replace the thermostat, which was part of the cost. So they came out the next day and replaced the thermostat and now the damn thing won’t shut off! I may have to turn it off completely until they fix it correctly! It’s freaking cold in here!

Sons of bitches.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 1,585 • Replies: 19

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2018 09:00 pm
@jcboy,
It's a balmy 105 degree bedroom sleeping night here.

I think you have the better end of the spectrum.

Grab a blanket.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 06:21 am
@jcboy,
Cozy up to the hot Puerto Rican! Wink
livinglava

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 01:27 pm
Simple solution: go through the heat of the summer with fans and then deal with the cold in the winter with warm clothing. The less you intervene in natural temperatures, the less chance of the interventions going awry.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 06:20 pm
@jespah,
The old one must have been slowing going out and we kept the thermostat low, well we didn't need it that low with the new one Razz
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 06:42 am

last year we had a few june heatwaves, but we've been lucky so far -- the mercury has yet to breech 90.

we have an old house with wide windows, so installing the A/C units is a major pain.

hoping this cool bahstin weather trend continues, and we can avoid the need for A/C completely...

R(currently 52°F)P

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 06:44 am
They wired the thermostat wrong.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 07:26 am
@Region Philbis,
49º
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 10:20 am
@hightor,

#HoodieWeathah
hightor

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 11:04 am
@Region Philbis,
It's brutal – it feels like early November!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 12:40 pm
@hightor,
If I'd known that earlier, I'd sent a good handful of degrees over the ocean.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 08:44 am

70°F -- time to re-open windows in an attempt to warm up the house...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2022 04:59 am

mercury rising, per the long-range forecast.

going to install a unit in here for during the day, but will hold off in the bedroom...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:53 pm
I don't have a/c - being close to the ocean has its perks!
roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 01:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
I use an evaporative cooler. One of the perks of being in low humidity New Mexico.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 01:21 pm
@roger,
In El Paso the humidity and dew points and temperatures have rendered evaporative coolers ineffective for greater parts of the summer. More and more people are getting refrigerated air, and all of the new houses constructed have them instead of swamp coolers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 01:31 pm
I lived for a time in a small house that relied on an attic fan rather than a cooling system. I felt comfortable inside it through the hot summer.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 05:22 am

the party's over -- they're calling for a six-day heatwave in bahstin...
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 01:51 pm
Dallas remains with 100°F+ temperatures. There's no sigh of letup nor any rain predicted for July. August usually is even worse.

I hike every day at a nearby wild place. It has a spring-fed pond that still has water in it, and an old stock tank that dried up two weeks ago. There's also a creek that has stopped running for the first time since I've been hiking there.

When I say I hike there everyday, it's not quite true, for I don't leave the house until sunset. It's still 100°F so I periodically dump cold water over my head to keep cool. It's messy, but it works, and it works well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 02:13 pm
No rain here in forever - Houston area near Tomball - The bald cypress in front of the house is dying. Watering doesn't seem to help. The roots run all the way across the front yard beyond the property line. I guess I just haven't reached enough of them. I'm going to set up a sprinkler and let it run a while to see if that makes a difference.
0 Replies