Summer Heat Related Question about chilisleep Products

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 05:53 pm
I cannot get a window or windowless AC in my bedroom.

I'm eyeing one of those chiliBLANKET or chiliPAD or similar cooling systems.
They've been ad bombing me on YouTube since January (and perhaps even much farther back).

Keep in mind that these devices are as expensive or even more expensive than AC units, especially since my bedroom is pretty small.

1. I'm wondering how does this compare (energy efficiency) to an actual AC?
2. Out of curiosity, do you think that people with AC units in their bedroom would buy these things as well? What would be the purpose of that double whammy? Seems redundant.

Are there any alternatives to air conditioning in my bedroom other than the fans that I have (ceiling and room fans)?

An observation one Phoenix, AR YouTube reviewer reviewed it while it appears he doesn't have a bedroom window AC. Umm...? Is that normal for residents of Phoenix? I don't know. Maybe he has central AC.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 679 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 06:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have an A/C in my bedroom window. It cost between 100 and 135 $ - can't recall for sure. It is relatively cheap to operate and cools us very nicely.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 07:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
You kind of ignored the first line in my post which literally states I CANNOT have an AC. Didn't think I had to post the obvious. I don't have a window in my room.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 08:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
I didn't tell you what I thought you should do. I told you what I do.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 10:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Are there any windows in the rest of your home? I'm thinking about the possibility of rerouting airflow........I live in Maryland, we have very high temps and ridiculous humidity in the summer and early fall. We have ridiculous humidity the entire year....you haven't lived until you walk out into 100% humidity, which you might think is impossible, but it isn't, it's the overly moist truth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 11:00 pm
Have you visited this site?
https://homeairguides.com/how-to-cool-down-a-room-without-windows/
0 Replies