Losing information

caramel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:39 pm
Let's say I'm doing a search on this site, I go to the search page I type in all the informations that I want in my search and then click the search button. After getting the informations if I want to go back I will click on my back arrow to return to the search page, all the informations I had typed on my search page is gone. If I want to do again that same search I will have to type the informations all over again.

I have a new computer, on my old one the informations would still be there. I know there must be a place you have to click to keep the informations on the search page.

I hope I made that clear. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 679 • Replies: 8
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:48 pm
Hi Caramel

If you are using Internet Explorer it sounds like you cache settings are set not to allow this.

Go to Tools->Internet Options

Then under the General tab under the Temporary Internet Files click on the Settings... button.

Then make sure 'Automatically' is checked. Then hit OK on every dialog until your back to your browser.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:58 pm
hingehead wrote:
Hi Caramel

If you are using Internet Explorer it sounds like you cache settings are set not to allow this.

Go to Tools->Internet Options

Then under the General tab under the Temporary Internet Files click on the Settings... button.

Then make sure 'Automatically' is checked. Then hit OK on every dialog until your back to your browser.

Just did that and the 'Automatically' was checked.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:28 pm
Try setting it to Never. Then closing and reopening your browser. Let me know if that works.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:52 pm
hingehead wrote:
Try setting it to Never. Then closing and reopening your browser. Let me know if that works.

No it didn't work.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:53 pm
Hmmm. What operating system are you using? Windows XP? What version of IE?

If I can't replicate it I'm stuck. An interim solution is to right click on a link and select 'Open Link in New Window', that way the original search results screen is unaffected.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:02 pm
hingehead wrote:
Hmmm. What operating system are you using? Windows XP? What version of IE?

If I can't replicate it I'm stuck. An interim solution is to right click on a link and select 'Open Link in New Window', that way the original search results screen is unaffected.

Windows XP with I.E. 6.0
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:25 pm
Well I've now got XP with IE 6 SP2 and am not having the same problem. It has to be a local setting but I can't imagine what it is.

Does it only do it with A2K? what about google etc.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:08 pm
hingehead wrote:
Well I've now got XP with IE 6 SP2 and am not having the same problem. It has to be a local setting but I can't imagine what it is.

Does it only do it with A2K? what about google etc.

Not only on A2K but on other sites too. Like if I do a search on IMDb it will give me a lists of movie. I will click on one of them, then when I go back with my back arrow my list will have disappear and I will have The page cannot be displayed.
0 Replies