Shep Smith: Journalists are not the enemy of the people

Real Music

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2018 09:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
And I'm hearing you. And agree.

There's a lot of in-fighting at the Fox network. As trump's comments intensifies, real journalists will be exiting and Fox will be nothing but loud mouth, opinion only, spewing nothing but junk, network.

AGREED
The only people on Fox News I actually respect are Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2018 09:16 pm
It's good to fact check.....

Florida candidate tried to prove she’s a college graduate. The school says her diploma is fake.
By Kristine Phillips
August 11 at 6:03 PM

The political kerfuffle around Melissa Howard began when a news site reported that the Florida state House hopeful is not a college graduate, as she claims to be. To prove the story wrong, Howard (R) reportedly flew to her proclaimed alma mater, Ohio’s Miami University, to get a copy of her college transcript and posted a picture of her smiling next to her framed diploma.

Faced with Howard’s alleged proof of her academic credentials, FLA News walked back on its story and published a correction. But the news site’s mea-culpa was only briefly in effect. In an email sent to Florida news outlets, Miami University revealed that not only did Howard not graduate from the school, as FLA News previously reported, but the diploma that she touted was fake. An email from the university’s general counsel suggested that Howard also had not been truthful about when she supposedly graduated, what degree she supposedly obtained, and what major she supposedly studied.

Miami University general counsel Robin Parker wrote in the email, which was also obtained by The Washington Post, that the diploma showed Melissa Fox (Howard’s maiden name) graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing; the university offers no such degree. The diploma also stated that Howard graduated in 1996, but she was not enrolled that year, Parker said; instead, she attended the university from 1990 to 1994 without graduating.

Howard’s campaign consultant, Anthony Pedicini, said in a statement that Howard’s husband suffered a “cardiac event” Friday night and is at a Florida hospital. She is “focused on him right now,” he said, and not on “fake news.” Asked why the campaign is calling the recent development fake news despite the information revealed by Miami University, Pedicini said, “That’s all I got for you right now.”

Howard, a 46-year-old small-business owner from Lakewood Ranch, Fla., is running in the Republican primary for the Florida House of Representatives’ 73rd District, near Sarasota. According to her campaign website, she was born to a blue-collar family in “Middle America” and is the first in her family to attend college. “Upon graduation,” the website says, Howard worked for large and small companies before starting her own marketing business. A campaign profile published by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune says Howard is co-owner of IMMEXLS and International Medical Trade Show and employs five people.

On Tuesday, FLA News, which describes itself as “the conservative choice for Florida news & politics,” reported that Howard does not have the academic credentials she claims to have. Citing records obtained from the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit that verifies enrollment and graduation, FLA News reported that Howard attended Miami University from August 1990 to May 1994, but she did not obtain a degree.

Howard’s campaign told FLA News that she was one credit short in 1994, but she completed the requirements and graduated in 1996. (Her campaign profile published by the Herald-Tribune says she graduated in 1994.)

Howard’s campaign accused her opponent, Sarasota attorney Tommy Gregory, of lying about Howard.

“There’s nothing he won’t do or say to hurt Melissa or her reputation within the community. It’s shameful,” the campaign said in a statement to FLA News. “Melissa graduated with a degree in marketing and we have requested her transcripts from the University and have been told they take 4-6 weeks to arrive.”

Events reported by local media over the past week showed that Howard seemed to have gone to great lengths to prove the story wrong.

[Waiter faked story that customer wrote ‘We don’t tip terrorist’ on receipt, restaurant says]

She traveled to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, earlier this week to get copies of her transcripts — and “to catch my opponent in yet another lie!” according to a now-deleted Facebook post published by the Herald-Tribune. She shared pictures of her framed diploma, which she told FLA News was in her mother’s storage in Ohio, and provided the website with a picture of her in a cap and gown at what appears to be a graduation ceremony.

FLA News rescinded its story and published a correction, only to rescind said correction after the revelations from Miami University. The correction has since been deleted. So has a picture of Howard’s diploma that the university says was posted on her Facebook page. A partial picture of Howard’s transcript is still on her social media page.

The statement from Parker, the university’s general counsel, cited several reasons as to why the diploma was fake:

Howard claimed she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. The university has “no record of such a degree,” and has always awarded marketing majors with a bachelor’s degree in business.
Howard’s major at Miami University was not marketing, but retailing. The degree for that program would’ve been a bachelor’s in family and consumer sciences.

One school official’s name on Howard’s diploma is wrong. The diploma has signatures from James C. Garland, university president and Robert C. Johnson, dean. Although Garland was, in fact, the president of Miami University in 1996, Johnson was dean of the graduate school, not of the university’s business college.

The university also allows students “to walk” during ceremonies even if they did not complete graduation requirements, Parker said, which might explain the picture of Howard in a cap and gown.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:35 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Fabulous, except for the fact that the president never said anything negative about a free press or the press as an institution. For the millionth time, I love the police as an institution, but there are bad cops.

I like the analogy you are using. One example of a bad cop would be Fox News host Sean Hannity. The only problem is Trump only believes the crap from the bad cops, who happens to be Sean Hannity and Fox News. At the same time Trump opposes all of the good cops. By the way, the good cops is the mainstream media. The good cops are CNN, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, ABC, and the mainstream newspapers. The problem is Trump refers to the good cops as fake news while referring to the bad cops as real news.

Trump is a bad cop himself who only respects other bad cops such as Sean Hannity and Fox News, because the bad cops will protect him.
Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:20 am
‘Not the enemy of the people’:
70 news organizations will blast Trump’s attack on the media.

Quote:
For most of the past 19 months, President Trump’s war of words with American news organizations has been more of a one-sided barrage — at least according to the Boston Globe’s editorial board.

Trump labeled the news media “the enemy of the American people” a month after taking the oath of office. In the year that followed, a CNN analysis concluded, he used the word “fake” — as in “fake news,” “fake stories,” “fake media” or “fake polls” — more than 400 times. He once fumed, the New York Times reported, because a TV on Air Force One was tuned to CNN.

And last week, at a political rally in Pennsylvania, Trump told his audience that the media was “fake, fake disgusting news.”

“Whatever happened to honest reporting?” he asked the crowd. Then he pointed to a group of journalists covering the event. “They don’t report it. They only make up stories.”

Now, the editorial board of the Boston Globe is proposing that newspapers across the nation express their disdain for the president’s rhetoric on Aug. 16 with the best weapon they have: their collective voice.

The rally calls for the opinion writers that staff newspaper editorial boards to produce independent opinion pieces about Trump’s attacks on the media. So far, according to the Associated Press, 70 news organizations have agreed — from large metropolitan daily newspapers such as the Miami Herald and Denver Post to small weekly newspapers with four-digit circulation numbers.

The Globe’s appeal is limited to newspaper opinion writers, who operate independently from news reporters and editors. As The Post’s policy explains, the separation is intended to serve the reader, “who is entitled to the facts in the news columns and to opinions on the editorial and ‘op-ed’ pages.”

“We are not the enemy of the people,” Marjorie Pritchard, deputy managing editor for the editorial page of the Boston Globe, told the Associated Press, using a term Trump has used to describe journalists in the past.

‘‘Our words will differ. But at least we can agree that such attacks are alarming,’’ the appeal said.

The newspaper’s rallying cry was being promoted by industry groups like the American Society of News Editors.

The call represents one side of a debate about what the media should do in response to the president’s splenetic attacks on the press — or if the media should do anything at all.

On one side are people such as Washington Post editor Martin Baron, who told the Code Media conference in California: “The way I view it is, we’re not at war with the administration, we’re at work. We’re doing our jobs.”

Baron told interviewers that The Post would have approached a Hillary Clinton administration with the same aggressive reporting.

But in a conversation on Twitter, Jay Rosen, a press critic and journalism professor, said journalists’ defending themselves was consistent with the chief journalism aim of telling the truth:

“The problem, of course, is that there is war on the press being conducted by the president of the United States and his supporters. To say otherwise would violate a different commandment. Yes, it’s imperative to keep your cool. It is equally imperative to state what is true.”

Others have argued that there’s a moral imperative to speak up because Trump’s rhetoric can result in more than words being hurled toward journalists.

Some have pointed to the killing of five people who worked at the Capital Gazette in Annapolis as an example. The man charged with five counts of murder in the killings had a vendetta against the newspaper, authorities said. But critics have said Trump’s anti-media comments do not help.

“What’s clear is that Trump has made it a verbal open season on journalists, many of whom have felt the sting one way or another,” columnist Kathleen Parker wrote in The Washington Post on June 29. “For all of us ink-stained wretches, the hate mail is more vicious than ever. The death threats more frequent.”

Last week, New York Times opinion columnist Bret Stephens described Trump’s anti-media words as “incitement” and shared a threatening voice mail he had received from a blocked number:

“Hey Bret, what do you think? Do you think the pen is mightier than the sword, or that the AR is mightier than the pen?”

He continues: “I don’t carry an AR but once we start shooting you f—ers you aren’t going to pop off like you do now. You’re worthless, the press is the enemy of the United States people and, you know what, rather than me shoot you, I hope a Mexican and, even better yet, I hope a n—– shoots you in the head, dead.”

The Washington Post editorial board haspreviouslyresponded to Trump’s attacks on the news organizations, but it’s unclear whether it will participate in the organized response.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%e2%80%98not-the-enemy-of-the-people%e2%80%99-70-news-organizations-will-blast-trump%e2%80%99s-attack-on-the-media/ar-BBLNEnf?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 02:00 am
Fox News opinion hosts expressed skepticism about reports that President Trump wanted to fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III in 2017 — despite their own journalist confirming the story.

Published on Jan 26, 2018
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 03:49 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

You have interesting thoughts but, I don't buy your argument nor do I think you proved it. Yes, news will try to make their news a little more exciting than merely reading a report, however, if they are telling the truth and it is verified which most of the time it is, it's not propaganda. Propaganda is twisting facts to mean something other than what it is for an agenda and CNN and the rest of them do not do that nor have you proved it. What I mean to say is (I am not as elequent as you and many others here) that I don't think there is some kind of weird conspiracy with mainstream news to distort facts for a particular liberal agenda. In my opinion the only liberal station I know which is comparable to Fox News is MSNBC; not CNN.

Could you link to an example of something you see as being devoid of propaganda so I can see if I see any propagandistic tendencies in it?
revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 08:01 am
@livinglava,
At first I decided you should be the one to bring clips, but then changed my mind. So I opened up my news app and just went to the first one to grab my eye which comes from the NYT which the President has called the "Failing NYT". (I rarely watch TV news of any sort)

Quote:
MOSCOW — From Moscow to Washington to capitals in between, the past few days showcased the way President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia nimbly exploits differences between the United States and its allies — yet also accentuated where he falls short.

President Trump had barely finished catapulting a belligerent tweet at Turkey on Friday, doubling the tariffs on its steel and aluminum exports to the United States, before Mr. Putin was on the phone with his Turkish counterpart, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Yet for all the strategic success Mr. Putin has had — including diminishing NATO and the European Union by bolstering populist governments in Europe as well as Middle East autocrats — one key goal has eluded him.

Mr. Putin has failed to persuade or pressure the West to lift successive waves of American and European economic sanctions imposed on Russia since its 2014 annexation of Crimea. In fact, the State Department threatened last week to enact yet another round of such measures, just days after the United States Senate brandished its own.

The European Union, some of whose members had signaled in the past few years that they were ready to consider granting Moscow some relief, has similarly held tough on sanctions, especially in the wake of the British government’s finding that Russia was responsible for an attempted assassination on British soil using a banned nerve agent.

The failure to make progress in freeing the Russian economy from the sanctions is a setback for Mr. Putin both at home and abroad.

NYT

The article goes on at length complete with embedded links to sources for statements.
revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 08:52 am
Here is another one devoid of propaganda; from CNN.

Quote:
Far-right groups and counterprotesters are expected to converge on the nation's capital Sunday, one year after a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, left one person dead and elevated racial tensions in America.

The "Unite the Right 2" rally is being billed as a "white civil rights rally" meant to protest "civil rights abuse in Charlottesville."

Sunday's demonstrations and the opposing rallies are taking place in an atmosphere of heightened racial tension. In recent months, anxiety over racial bias and racism has been exemplified in instances in which police were called on people of color for innocuous acts like napping in a dormitory common room, having a barbecue and going to the pool.

This week, NFL players in the first preseason games resumed their protests over police brutality against blacks by raising their fists, kneeling or sitting out during the National Anthem.

"We've always acted as if black lives never mattered, as if people of color never mattered," Susan Bro, the mother of the counterprotester killed in Charlottesville last year, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Friday.

"We really have not treated people of color in the same way we ourselves want to be treated. And I'm calling b.s. on that."

As many as 400 people are expected to attend Sunday's white nationalist demonstration, according to the event's permit application submitted by Jason Kessler, the same person who organized last year's "Unite the Right" rally in opposition to the renaming of two parks honoring Confederate generals.

That event included white nationalists, neo-Nazis and members of the Ku Klux Klan. Participants are expected to gather at Washington's Foggy Bottom subway station at 5 p.m. ET before marching to Lafayette Square park, across the street from the White House, according to the permit application.

They won't be alone. A series of counterprotests are planned in Washington throughout the day, led by members of 40 anti-racism groups. The Shut it Down D.C. Coalition, for example, scheduled its own rally beginning at noon to counter "Unite the Right 2."

Black Lives Matter DC is hosting the "Rise Up Fight Back Counter-Protest" between 2 and 7 p.m., just a block away from where "Unite the Right 2" is set to take place.

In the past, similar far-right demonstrations have been dwarfed by counterprotests.

For example, at a a separate Ku Klux Klan gathering in Charlottesville in July 2017, where Klansmen were outnumbered 20 to 1, according to Charlottesville officials

CNN

More at the source.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:21 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Here is another one devoid of propaganda; from CNN.

Devoid of propaganda? ?? No mention at all of the ANTIFA thugs who, along with their far right counterparts caused so much disruption in the last event! The whole piece is embedded in a single point of view ! That you apparently don't see that is likely a reflection of the fact that you share their perspective and don't consider alternate ones.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:30 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

At first I decided you should be the one to bring clips, but then changed my mind. So I opened up my news app and just went to the first one to grab my eye which comes from the NYT which the President has called the "Failing NYT". (I rarely watch TV news of any sort)

Quote:
MOSCOW — From Moscow to Washington to capitals in between, the past few days showcased the way President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia nimbly exploits differences between the United States and its allies — yet also accentuated where he falls short.

President Trump had barely finished catapulting a belligerent tweet at Turkey on Friday, doubling the tariffs on its steel and aluminum exports to the United States, before Mr. Putin was on the phone with his Turkish counterpart, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Yet for all the strategic success Mr. Putin has had — including diminishing NATO and the European Union by bolstering populist governments in Europe as well as Middle East autocrats — one key goal has eluded him.

Mr. Putin has failed to persuade or pressure the West to lift successive waves of American and European economic sanctions imposed on Russia since its 2014 annexation of Crimea. In fact, the State Department threatened last week to enact yet another round of such measures, just days after the United States Senate brandished its own.

The European Union, some of whose members had signaled in the past few years that they were ready to consider granting Moscow some relief, has similarly held tough on sanctions, especially in the wake of the British government’s finding that Russia was responsible for an attempted assassination on British soil using a banned nerve agent.

The failure to make progress in freeing the Russian economy from the sanctions is a setback for Mr. Putin both at home and abroad.

If this article was not biased, you would be able to read it and understand everyone's POV and interests involved, including Trump, Putin, and Erdogan.

Do you realize that there is so much bias against Trump and Putin that merely showing an interest in their true motives and thinking would be met by many people as a failure to take sides against them?

You don't have to be interested in taking sides with someone to want to understand their thinking and motives. I often want to understand the thinking and motives of the atrocity-perpetrators I read about in the news simply because it's so amazing to imagine that someone would actually come up with the idea to do what they do.

What the article you posted does is show how little adjectives, like 'belligerent' or references to nerve-gas assassinations are used to lead readers into subconscious assumptions about the people in question. As far as I know there have been no conclusive evidence linking Putin to the use of nerve gas, but that doesn't stop the press from insinuating he is behind them. In fact, the press relies A LOT on suggestion without explaining why a certain suggestion may or may not ultimately be true. They present facts without sufficient analysis to indicate where there is potential for other interpretation. I do read some good articles that explicitly acknowledge when evidence presented isn't conclusive but rather suggestive, but such acknowledgements happen a lot less often than the implicit suggestions of guilt with insufficient analysis to consider other possibilities.

More importantly, the media too often focuses on politicians, leaders, and other individuals at the personal level instead of analyzing and reporting on the bigger picture. When there are numerous people collaborating to achieve strategic goals, it is more difficult to do critical analysis than when there are specific individuals you can put the spotlight on. To really see what is happening in the world, however, you have to look at larger networks of activity.
livinglava

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:41 am
@revelette1,
I am anti-racist, so I am biased against racism, but don't you see that this article clearly sides with 'black lives matter' and doesn't focus much attention on what the racists are thinking/wanting? It's as if the purpose of the media is to pick favorites by giving more attention and empathy to the people they side with and withholding it from those they are against. In reality, their job is to explain these people so readers can fully understand them and form their own opinions.

I am critical of racism, nationalism, and other forms of ethnic collectivism/groupism, and that's why I want to understand what it is people are thinking when they are organizing in favor of racism. I.e. why haven't these people abandoned this ideology yet in favor of treating and respecting people as individuals?

Also, when I read about these strange instances of racism like a black man getting thrown out of a public pool for wearing socks, I wonder why he was wearing socks in a pool as well as who would dare to approach anyone, regardless of skin color, about wearing socks in a pool and ask them to leave for it. It's as if these situations are set up to generate media drama. So as much as I am against racism, prejudice, and discrimination, I still question stories that come up in the news that seem like they were set up to create a political discourse. I often wish the media would uncover some of the planning behind the stories that are set up as media propaganda, assuming they are not in on the setup. I would think at least sometimes there are actually political puppeteers setting up narratives to create public discourse and it would be nice if at least once in a while journalists would catch people using them to propagate this BS in this way and expose that it is happening.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:42 am
Boston paper presses coordinated response to Trump's media criticisms
By Jeffrey Rubin | Fox News

A Boston newspaper is calling for publications nationwide to take a coordinated editorial stand against President Trump's attacks on the media.

"We are not the enemy of the people," The Associated Press quoted Marjorie Pritchard, deputy managing editor for the editorial page of The Boston Globe, as saying. AP said she was referring to a characterization of journalists that Trump has used in the past.

The president, who regularly declares that his administration is getting unfair media coverage, has made frequent speeches and tweets decrying "fake news" and fabricated sources. After his recent summit in Singapore with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, he assailed fake news as "our country's biggest enemy."

The Globe has reportedly reached out to editorial boards around the U.S. to run editorials this Thursday denouncing what the newspaper called a "dirty war against the free press" -- regardless of the respective publications' political leanings.

Pritchard said about 70 outlets had committed to editorials as of Friday, with the list expected to grow, AP reported. The publications ranged from large metro dailies, such as The Houston Chronicle, The Minneapolis Star Tribune and and The Denver Post, to small weekly periodicals.

The newspaper's request was being promoted by industry groups including the American Society of News Editors.

"Our words will differ. But at least we can agree that such attacks are alarming," the appeal said.

Pritchard said the decision to seek the coordinated response was reached after Trump appeared to step up his rhetoric of late.

At an Aug. 2 political rally in Pennsylvania, for instance, he told his audience that the media was "fake, fake disgusting news."

Pritchard said she hoped the editorials would make an impression on Americans.

"I hope it would educate readers to realize that an attack on the First Amendment is unacceptable," she said. "We are a free and independent press; it is one of the most sacred principles enshrined in the Constitution."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
@livinglava,
No I do not see it that way. Racism runs counter to functional society. If the paper were writing a news article about when Saddam Hussein gassed his people, would they spend a lot of time on why Saddam Hussein gassed his people? Isn't the fact that he gassed his people telling enough? White supremist are not equal to the other side of Black Lives Matter so spending time on them is equating them both equal when they are not. Let the Alt Right News advocate White Supremacy news. All this equalizing stuff is just trying to mainstream the racist views of White Supremist.

If someone wants to write an editorial or thesis (?) as to what a racist is thinking, they are free to do so.

As for your somewhat out there notion of black man wearing socks to set up a news story and the media possibly being in on it, please. Rolling Eyes
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:20 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
Fabulous, except for the fact that the president never said anything negative about a free press or the press as an institution. For the millionth time, I love the police as an institution, but there are bad cops.

I like the analogy you are using. One example of a bad cop would be Fox News host Sean Hannity. The only problem is Trump only believes the crap from the bad cops, who happens to be Sean Hannity and Fox News. At the same time Trump opposes all of the good cops. By the way, the good cops is the mainstream media. The good cops are CNN, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, ABC, and the mainstream newspapers. The problem is Trump refers to the good cops as fake news while referring to the bad cops as real news.

Trump is a bad cop himself who only respects other bad cops such as Sean Hannity and Fox News, because the bad cops will protect him.

You're entitled to your opinion. My point is that, contrary to what the thread title implies, he never said that the press is the enemy of the people.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Citing the CORRECT source...

"Mitch Albom: If a free press is the 'enemy,' then who is your friend?
Mitch Albom, Detroit Free Press Published 12:00 a.m. ET Aug. 5, 2018
Donald Trump
(Photo: AP)

So when the idea that the press is the “enemy” of America starts to float, we ought to be concerned. After all, you can name two other famous leaders in the last century who defined their critics as “enemies of the people”: Soviet dictator Josef Stalin and Chinese dictator Mao Zedong."

Stalin and Trump both also said, "When's dinner? I'm starving." The president hasn't defined either the press or his critics as "enemies of the people." That's just something that you and your friends made up. He has defined journalists who falsify and/or distort the truth as the enemies of the people, and he is right.
revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:28 am
@livinglava,
Our intelligence have concluded the Russians did use a nerve gas agent against those in Britain which is why the US has put new sanctions on Russia. Russia and in particular Putin has been against the West since the fall of the USSR. If a person wants the particulars after reading that straightforward article, they are free to study up on it. Our news people do not have to point out everyone's points of views in every given story. People are free to either believe the story as written or look elsewhere to verify facts.

There is plenty of news focusing on the bigger picture and they involve the individuals mentioned in the news article I put forward. Russia and in particular Putin wants the states and the power back that Russia lost after the fall the USSR. Trump for reasons we do not know, has been too generous in his praise and his handling of Russia. Luckily even those in own his administration are not.
OldGrumpy

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:32 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Our intelligence have concluded the Russians did use a nerve gas agent against those in Britain which is why the US has put new sanctions on Russia.

Really? where is the proof??????

Russia is being demonised by the mainstream press in order to start, eventually, a third world war! That's the reason the russians are nearly blamed for everything!

The toaster is broken? The Russians!!!!

what a world.

georgeob1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:53 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

No I do not see it that way. Racism runs counter to functional society. If the paper were writing a news article about when Saddam Hussein gassed his people, would they spend a lot of time on why Saddam Hussein gassed his people? Isn't the fact that he gassed his people telling enough? White supremist are not equal to the other side of Black Lives Matter so spending time on them is equating them both equal when they are not. Let the Alt Right News advocate White Supremacy news. All this equalizing stuff is just trying to mainstream the racist views of White Supremist.

Your own words suggest you, a priori, reject points of view other than your own. That's certainly OK as long as you are asserting your own opinion, but to suggest that is entirely objective is ludicrous. Moreover you prejudge the innocence of advocates for Blacks and the guilt of those who do the same for whites. THAT is Racism.

The truth is that humans of all races are made of the same fabric, and that differences between them are most often based on individual characteristics, and in some cases differences attributable to culture.
revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:15 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Your own words suggest you, a priori, reject points of view other than your own. That's certainly OK as long as you are asserting your own opinion, but to suggest that is entirely objective is ludicrous. Moreover you prejudge the innocence of advocates for Blacks and the guilt of those who do the same for whites. THAT is Racism.

The truth is that humans of all races are made of the same fabric, and that differences between them are most often based on individual characteristics, and in some cases differences attributable to culture

Black Lives Matter started their movement because of the unfair justice they have received at the hands of police officers. White Supremist believe Whites are superior to other races. The two are not opposite sides of the same coin. Black Lives Matter do not believe they are superior to whites, they believe they have been treated unfairly by the justice system because they are black. White supremist on the other hand believe people of other races are inferior to whites. Their own beliefs judges them guilty of racism.
OldGrumpy

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
https://admin62b4b.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/get-attachment-213.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:23:45